I'm self taught ,been felting since 2005, hope this helps.
* needles - use #36 for forming the initial shape. #38 and#40 for refining, detail and definition.
* Visually break down your creation into basic simple shapes
* Use a Romney wool for basic shape, refine and add detail with fine merino
* Use 20 gauge floral wire for armatures
* There are several felting tutorials on Pinterest
Need help with any sourcing, just ask, Mikki
She's approx. 6" X 3.5 " laying down, sculpted natural wools over a wire armature, colored glass eyes, hand applied loner,fluffy topcoat,individually colored and applied whiskers with hand shaded pastel and watercolor detail. She's OOAK and very sweet and loving. For additional information and her adoption fee...please ask,thank you for looking, Mikki