Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Pages:
Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

My thoughts and prayers are with any of you that are in the path of this huge hurricane.
Hugs and very best wishes,
Terrie

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Hey...we were typing the same thing at the same time...how funny!!!

My thoughts and prayers are with all of those who are either in the path of ol' Katrina or who have friends and family there.  I will keep everyone in my prayers today as I do everyday.

Shantell

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I checked our user map and was relieved not to see an members there, but this puppy sounds horrendous...but then Fox News Chanel has been known to exaggerate a wee bit.  Never-the-less- what those people are going to go through will be difficult at best.  I pray that diseases, cholera, mosquito born, dysentary etc will be able to be contained and kept under control, as the infrastructure of many cities will be destroyed. 

Oh dear...

Our charity of choice is the Salvation Army so we will be going on line to send some to Louisianna.

I would like to encourage any one who has enough and can spare a little bit to send money to the charity of their choice in the afflicted area.

Prayers are important, but so is water and food.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Dilu,

Well said - we're prepared to send to the Red Cross tomorrow.

Every little bit helps if you can spare it. If you can't, prayer is just as valuable.

Daphne

Shana Hawaii

I totally know how those people feel because we went through two  hurricanes here in hawaii. They were 10 years apart.  THe last one we had was about 12 years ago and it was rated a 5.  Boy was it scarey.  Our winds were clocked at 200 plus in some areas.  I pray to God that he will be with everyone and give them the strength to pull through this.  They are in my prayers.
Shana

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yes, we here in Texas are pretty close to Louisiana and our news is mostly about the hurricane.  We have friends in New Orleans and they have already evacuated, thank goodness.  My hubby and I were in Biloxi, Mississippi (he was in the Air Force and stationed there), when Hurricane Betsy rolled over New Orleans in 1965.  First and last time I was ever near one and it wasn't a pretty sight.  Please do whatever you can to help . . . this will be a very major disaster.  Predictions are that New Orleans will be submerged because they are BELOW sea level.  I shudder to think about what the result will be tomorrow.

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

I saw this huge hurricane news on TV this morning and
it was terrible terrible damage in Louisiana.
We just had the Typhoon last weekend but I think it was
about 1/10 size of the hurricane Katrina but we were
so scared.....
My thoughts and prayers are with who
were attacked by this hurricane.

Marie

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Boy This sounds so scarry. I am lucky enough to have never been in the path of extreme weather here in the UK.
I'm also praying for everyone...lets hope that there are no fatalities, buildings can be rebuilt lives not!
It must be devastating to loose everything that you have built up within your life time but life is the most precious thing.

Jane

Deb Upstate New York

Jane ~

Thoughts and prayers out to anyone with family and/or friends in NO and Katrina path.  New Orleans is SO rich in cultural diversity ... makes me sick to think of what could be lost.

Deb

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

We are thinking about everyone there too...it must be terrifying...luckily we never get extremes of weather here in the UK..I remember a hard winter about 16 or so years ago brought the country to a stand-still and that was bad enough...but this must be a nightmare for everyone...

Jenny

Jill West Palm Beach, FL

Katrina hit us in Florida on Thursday night and Friday.  I live in West Palm Beach and we were north enough so we only experienced 39 MPH winds and rain.  The Fort Lauderdale/Miami area did not fair as well but Katrina was a Category 2 when she hit them.  Alot of flooding down there and power outages still.  Then she got out in the Gulf, took sterioids and bulked herself up to a deadly Category 5.  My prayers are definitely for those in her path.

Jill

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Jill, I was thinking of you last night when, after checking TEDDY TALK -- which has somehow become my news and information resource on the web (fires, hurricanes, cotter pins :)) -- I turned on the news and watched the satellite pix of this devastating storm.  It grazed right over much of western Florida and obviously hit with hard weather on the east as well; or, at least, that's what the photos appeared to show.  I'm really glad you're okay as you, in particular, were on my mind.

I've yet to turn on the news this morning as I'm just sickened at the prospect of reading about another horrible, life-taking disaster.  We empathetic types are lucky to have one another.

Good for all of you, for your humanity, in your concern, generosityof spirit, and charitable donations.  I'm proud to know you.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

What a major disaster and how terrible for all those people that have had to flee the area.
I just heard on the radio that a group of NZ Ladies were over on a Choir tour and they  had to evacuate
the beautiful old French Quarter where they were staying and the only way out was to pay for a taxi to take them and with a cost of $1000 they were just happy to be safe.

Jill, so glad that you are ok and how frightening it must have been for you.
Our thoughts and prayers are with all at this time

Hugs
Carolyn

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oooh I am so sorry I have missed this topic, I've been watching on the news  -- how terrifying!

Good luck everyone, stay safe, and if possible, keep us updated!

Danni

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

I'm here in Ohio and, believe it or not, Katrina (now a tropical storm) is set to hit us today.  They are calling for a lot of flooding and high winds.  I am so glad that we live on a hill.  We have been in drought conditions all summer and now we're getting all of our rain at one time.  Crazy weather.

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

I'd like to add my prayers to everyone in Katrina's path also....

Please stay safe!

Jill West Palm Beach, FL

Shelli and friends,

Thanks for your concerns.  Katrina's devastation is one for the history books and she is not done yet.  We were so lucky.  It is always such a mixed feeling - relief that we did not have to endure this storm's full fury  and some guilt for the ones who did, as if our fortune turned into someone else's misfortune.  Does that make any sense?

Jill

sadiebear Ohio

Hi everyone, I'm from Ohio We are getting the rain now and Flood watches are posted for us. I was in Florida when Hugo hit that was bad enough to go through
I'll keep all of you in my prays
Rose

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Welcome, Rose :D

I'm glad you got out of the storm and joined us. It must have been terrifying.

Jill, what you're feeling is called 'survivor guilt'--it's quite normal.

Eileen

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

I was up late last night watching Fox ...terrible flooding all over the place. At that time they said the water breached for 1/2 mile inland they thought...but did know for sure. With 1.4 million about 80% evacuated..wonder actually how many did not leave ?I also thought about the pets that some may have been left behind ? Shudders...what a nightmare for all those envolved. My heart and prayers go out to everyone...Winney

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Here in Atlanta, we had tornados popping up all around us last night.  Carrollton county had 30 homes destroyed.  It was awful last night trying to sleep in all that with the weather radio going off every 30 minutes or so.  We are getting very high winds yet today and the tornado watchs and warnings are supposed to go off at 2:00 today.  Thank goodness it was fast moving.
My heart goes out to all of those that were in the path.  My mother used to live in Gulf Shores and I was a wreck everytime one was heading her way because I would always hear...."oh honey, I will be OK"...NOT!!!  I would call her neighbors to get her out of there as she lived right on the Bon Secour River and at 85 didn't think about storm surges. 
Now, I have my step mother in Fairhope ( about 1 mile off Mobile Bay) that tells me..."oh honey, I will be ok".  She is 83...what is it with these women in their 80's ?  I am a nervous wreck with her too. :rolleyes:

These hurricanes just keep coming in such frequency, it is truly amazing.  When my mother was alive, they didn't come one a week, like now.

Nanc.....

Jo-Ann G Budd Bears Boutique
BC, Canada

Our thoughts and prayes go out to everyone effected by Katrina and the aftermath.

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

I'm not really "flush "with money right now but I'm going to relist Finian and donate at least half of the auction proceeds to help the people affected by Hurricane Katrina.I just hope he sells bear_rolleyes If he doesn't sell,I'll just have to dig somewhere else for money to help as I feel it is very important.

My prayers are full at this time for all those affected by this terrible event.
Shari.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

My son sent me an e-mail that he is going in with the Red Cross. Hmmmm.  ( I didn't know this aspect of him, he's never mentioned it before.)  go figure. (Now there;s a kid who has gone full circle.  He was like this as a child, but an angry angst ridden adolescent and now, as a man.....hmmmm :)

what I told him is that no matter how bad it seems, whenever we do good, and try to help our fellow man, one on one or on a huge scale, God will honor our efforts. 

I also told him to wear his shoes and not get cut ( a little practical nursing advice...the disease situation is going to be on a plague like level I am afraid. unless they get everyone out of Mew Orleans....

Anyway, even if we can't give money we can give prayers.  No matter how bad life is there is still the opportunity to put others first in our prayers.  It sounds like the gals on this board are doing just that.

It does an old heart good, ladies, is it OK if I am proud of each and everyone of you?  You all inspire me.

love

Dilu

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh ... Dilu, your are brave woman and how brave your son is! You must be so worry for your son now ?
I will and everyone in here will send prayer  for him. I hope he will not get any cut, not even the tiny tiny cut  on his shoes .
   I just saw the TV news last night and hear that 30-peoples
were died in same apartment. How that can be ?
30people out of 62people.......
I  can't do anything to help
them but I will pray for them
from here.
Dilu, thank you for the information about "Salvation Army", I found out that anyone can donate over the internet from 25.00USD.
I hope Katrina wont do anymore
damage .
Hugs/ Marie

Pages:

Board footer