Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Pages:
teddy_bears_org USA - Florida

Marie_,

Being that you are from Japan, Do you know if Koto Bears has a web site? We see them every year at Disney but always forget to ask if they have a web site.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

I'll be at a bear fair in London on Sunday where Koto Bears will be exhibiting. I don't think Koto Bears have a website as yet, I will go over and chat with them and ask them if they will be getting one any time soon.

Jane.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Guys, my newspaper (Dallas Morning News) is just packed full with the most disheartening photos and reports from the stricken area.  New Orleans is now under 15 feet of water and the governor has ordered 100% evacuation.  Dallas is getting hundreds of evacuees and has opened a bunch of emergency shelters, and I'm sure this is something that is repeated all across the neighboring states  The Astrodome in Houston is being converted to an emergency shelter and will take care of thousands.  N.O. is a city of almost 500,000 people!!  These people will have not much, if anything, left when they are allowed to return . . . and this is just ONE of the dozens and dozens of places along the Gulf Coast that have been affected.  I'm afraid that it will equal the tsumani damage and loss of life by the time it's all over.  The dead are everywhere, but authorities are ignoring them in hopes of rescuing those that are stranded on roofs and other places.  I've just been horrified by it all!  Just wanted to share my dismay at what natural disasters are capable of inflicting . . . and the world hasn't recovered from the trauma of the tsunami yet!!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yes, I saw a bit of the damage on TV last night and was devastated to learn that the levees broke and New Orleans was unable to escape significant damage, after all. bear_sad  So sad.  There just aren't any other words for it.  It's just so sad.

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

I am on a goat list also and have been reading all the horror stories from them.  My first thought was that I would make my goat and donate that money, then I decided that was not enough.  I have seven shows before the end of the year.  I have decided to donate a percentage of my sales from these shows to help with relief work from Katrina.  Hopefully I will have good shows so there will be more money to help these unfortunate people get back to life as normal.  Are the rest of you game?
Donna

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yes . . . I've already donated money to the Red Cross, but will figure something out using my bears.  I'm not signed up for any more shows at the moment.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_sad I've been watching CNN's coverage with horror! All that misery and loss . . . I'm cheered that help is arriving, but I can't understand why it took so long, considering that Katrina was well anticipated.

The Humane Society of the US is stepping in to rescue pets, many separated from their owners or abandoned when Katrina hit.

Eileen

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I don't watch television...in fact much to many peoples surprise I don't even own one...but I've been perusing the various newsites on the web and to be quite frank I can't even begin to fathom the extent of the destruction that has taken place.   Everytime I read something new I feel sick...sad...angry...frustrated...overwhelmed.  Then I begin to think that just a few days ago I was grumbling about something so insignificant in my own life and I often wonder if these type of things happen as a subtle reminder that even though my life is FAR from perfect, I'm very fortunate to have a safe warm roof over my head, food in my refrigerator, a cozy place to sleep tonight and friends and family who love me. 

So...even though I can't save the world...I can pray and I do believe miracles happen.

Shantell

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

I also do not own a TV but have been reading articles on line and listening to the radio.  I have talked about the possibility of going south to help.  I have family in Houston so a place to stay there would be available for me.  I know much help will be needed in the many shelters being set up.  I will begin checking into this tomorrow.  I have listed a bear on ebay and will donate all proceeds from the sale to the Red Cross, but I just want to do more.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oh you guys, I want to rejoice at all the help that is pouring out to help the victims of Katrina and yet cry at all the devastation, loss of life, homes, pets, etc. It's just so over whelming!

Definitely puts life in perspective for a moment.

Donating a portion of proceeds from bear shows is a great idea as is doing the same with proceeds from eBay sales.

We've donated to the Red Cross and the Humane Society of the United States www.hsus.org. There are many animal rescue organizations like this that are doing all they can to rescue stranded pets, provide shelter & food and medical treatment then send them off around the country to shelters for adoption. Over 1000 animals were surrendered just before the hurricane hit. You can imagine how many more homeless, starving pets there are now. Far from the devastating situation their humans are in, of course!

Millie, if you do head down to help please let us know so we can keep YOU in our prayers!!

Dilu - what is your son's name? What a terrific son you've raised. You have every right to be proud. If my life circumstances were different I'd be on my way too. I'm sure many of us feel that way.

I'm envious of those who don't have a TV!!! Truly! It's hard to just shut off CNN or Fox News as the videos keep rolling.

My hubby and I were talking about this vs. 9/11 which was just 'wrong' as my husband put it. A natural disaster can't be termed the same but it seems the direct impact and loss may be more significant. Then again, look how long the world has been in turmoil SINCE 9/11 and how many more lives have been lost and destruction been done. I'll stay far away from the politics involved. I guess it's impossible to compare an act of terrorism to a natural disaster.

Any way, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY!!!

Hugs to everyone,
Daphne

Pages:

Board footer