Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Does anyone else have this problem?  I have noticed that some of the avatars on this board, as well as some of my eBay pictures (and other folk's auctions) are coming out on my computer really fuzzy.... while others are clear as day?  Is it just me?

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

ellen ontario, canada

your avatar is fuzzy on mine.
anybody else?

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Kim, your avatar is a bit fuzzy on mine, too.

What happened to your mini bears?  I liked them so much and they were a solid, very original start for your work, done in a way no one else had going on.  Get one of those cuties on your avatar, lady! bear_happy

Hudson, Ohio

Yeah... I just tried to make this avatar, and it is showing up fuzzy on my screen too!  Shelli--- your's is REALLY fuzzy on my screen.... is it on yours? 

Kim

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Nope, actually, it's crystal clear on my screen. ???

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Shelli's is clear on mine, Kim (Hi other Kim), yours is fuzzy on mine too...

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Kim,
We have two monitors on our computer.  One the one monitor that is easiest to read your pictures are fuzzy.  On the one that is not as new and not as easy on the eyes your pictures are much more clear and crisp.  And I am no help with the techi stuff.
Donna

Hudson, Ohio

Hi Other Kim!  Okay, now I am really confused!  Your's is fuzzy on mine!  Is your's fuzzy on yours?  AHHHH... computers.
Kim

Hudson, Ohio

Man oh man!  I'm not surprized that my own is fuzzy on my screen, but I am surprised that some other people's are fuzzy on my screen--- people who know what they are doing oh so much better than me!  maybe it is something with  the settings for my monitor?  Oh, who knows!  Back to the drawing board!

Oh Shelli.... I am still doing the minis here and there.  I stopped for a while when we were packing and moving because I had to clear out my studio space and return to just bear making wherever I could find room... usually the kitchen!  Anyway, my kids kept running off with heads and the like!  I tell you it's nearly impossible to find a bear head the size of a small grape once a child hidden it!  The people who moved into our new house might find a few very odd things in my house!  Now that we are all settled into the new place and i have a brand new dedicated studio, I hope to get a bunch more of those tiny folks made!

Kim basta
Wild Thyme Originals

teddy_bears_org USA - Florida

It is in jpg format and the size is only 3k. Which means you may have really compressed the image. Have you tried making the image in Gif. The image is not to fuzzy on mine, the lettering is a little, but that might just be from when the image was scaled down. Any compression on jpg images below 40% will often times cause the image to become fuzzy.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

I think this board only allows .jpg uploads.  If you host elsewhere that can be worked around but if you post your avatar via the board I believe it must be a .jpg.  It may also resize FOR you, which could describe the compression.  Maybe try sizing it PRECISELY at 72dpi and the maximum pixel dimensions given...???  Kinda out of my depth here...

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Shelli - you are right, that is why my avatar wouldnt come up because it was .gif or bitmap or whatever... you need jpeg

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Kim, nothing to add that hasn't been said already. But I had to jump in to tell you how much I LOVE LOVE your bears. Soo unique and adorable. I've seen a few on ebay and wanted them soo badly.
Please keep making more, I must have one, one day.
Heather

lw2ndstar Annapolis, Maryland

I thought I'd throw in another tip that I use - after I make a photo smaller and it gets a bit 'soft', I apply a "sharpen" effect or filter to it (in my photo editing software), and it "pops" the edges.  It looks just about as good as before it was reduced.   

Hope this helps someone.  You all are giving great advice!  I swear I learn something here every day. And I looove seeing everybody's bears! bear_original

Lynne

Board footer