Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

My friend here in town has been our local source for mohair and other bear supplies - she runs a small business out of her basement. She just decided she doesn't want to stock the fur anymore! She is selling it off at HALF price. I just spent $200 at lunch for some fabulous pieces that I just cdn't resist. I feel guilty buying it at those prices but if I don't take advantage of it someone else will....right? Wish you gals were closer!
Now all I have to do is figure out how to collect more money for the end of Sept when Kierstan comes from Germany with more mohair for me. Life is so good right now and my husband won't complain cause he's going to Thailand for the month of October without me.

Marion

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

you lucky duck, wish i was closer!  I cant find any mohair in my local area!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Wow! marion, you lucky girl...going green with envy here.......:o yikes green doesn't suit me!
I will be buying lots of scrumptious mohair on Sunday from a fair in London, not half price though. I don't blame you for taking advantage of such a great offer. Don't forget to show us what you make with all the mohair will you.

Jane

Brockville, Ontario

Actually, one of the pieces is a fat quarter of a beautiful pale green...plus yellow, blue, different browns and white. Plus I got a large bag of some very nice luxury furs that she was just giving away! Tonight I have to figure out where to put all this fur while happily running my fingers thru it.

Marion

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Marion,

You just stop feeling guilty-you're special-you're one of us! :D

I am tickeled pink you got such a bargain.  Beans and rice for the rest of the month will be worth it in the long run. 

I just got handed something rather unprecedented, for me, a wonderful  lady I know who sells furrs and is a pastor, sent me a coat that isn't good enough for selling or for wear but has enough great fur for a bear.  www.gabriellasfurden  is her URL she has good prices and I would be grateful if you guys took a look.

I was floored.  Now I have to think carefully about the pattern to best take advantage of the pattern in the fur.

Dilu

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Hey free stuff fairy, send some free stuff my way LOL

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Okey Dokey  we'll start sending good thoughts to the FreeFairy. bear_grin

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

It is like the tooth fairy for bear makers, just slip a little bit of mohair under your pillow LOL bear_grin

Brockville, Ontario

If the FreeFairy is anything like the Good Housekeeping Fairy we'll have a long wait!
I've actually been visited by the Good Housekeeping Fairy once. It was after a family party and I went to bed without cleaning up the kitchen. When I woke in the morning it was sparking clean. I said to my brother that the Good Housekeeping Fairy must have visited me and he told me that he would prefer to be referred to as "someone living an alternate lifestyle". :D

Marion

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

lol cute story.. it is kinda like when my mother inlaw comes up from florida... she gets to things that I dont like weeding (yuck!) and she will do my hubby's laundry...we do our own laundry ever since he shrank my jeans on me! LOL

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'm all for anybody getting mohair free or at a discount price!!  More power to you, guys!!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Gee nothin' makes me sick!!!  A relative picking up fur for you Marion, and now HALF PRICED mohair.. gee...

Danni
PS  I am happy for you! HOnest! I am!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Lucky Lucky!

Hugs
Carolyn

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Marion, you are so lucky !!!! but I am so happy for you ♪

Hugs/Marie

kerrenmorris K M Bears
UK
Website

And why not! don't feel guilty, its not as if we make a fortune selling our bears anyway. So a good saving on your mohair will help towards other costs. Enjoy!
hugs Kerren

Board footer