Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

honeypothollow Posts: 30
bumblebearies wrote:

Honeypothollow

I wonder when it gets reallllyyy hot in the summertime if chocolates would still be a good idea?.... might want to switch to hard candy then.......

Don't want any melting onto your bears fluff!

i love you guys!!  LOL!!  that is what happens when you get too excited about an idea.  the melting never crossed my mind!  LOL!!  maybe it's because i'm allergic to chocolate, and have never eaten it.  i wll definately think of something else.  thanks!!!!!

jen

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

Another thing I did before I bought cellophane bags was that I made my own drawstring bag to match the fabrics on the bear clothes. Then I signed the bag. It was pretty cute.

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

I wonder when it gets reallllyyy hot in the summertime if chocolates would still be a good idea?.... might want to switch to hard candy then.......

Don't want any melting onto your bears fluff!

I LOVE Papermart.com - they've hgot everything!!!

I posted this on the shilling thread as we've wandered away fom the main topic:

Yep, Heather, I, like the rest of you, recycle everything that I can. The only thing that I use totally new outside boxes on is the purchased work: eBay & others sales.
Paying as much as my customers do, I like it to look like a brand-new-just-for-them-present from the moment the mailman hands it to them.
Inside, protected by bubblewrap and/or the newer style of bubbles (the 3" x 5" rectangular bubbles,) is the themed gift box of decorated paper mache/bamboo-covered/whatever the theme is.
Inside that is the bear purchase, and nestled in the tissue packages is a 1" x 2" miniature book and my *Land of Lincoln* items - a shiny new penny and some chocolate 'coins' - foil-wrapped Lincoln pennies about 1.5" across.

I knew these candies existed and looked for a year before finding the manufacturer. I put 5 or 6 of them inside a small zip-lock bag: in case the chocolate should ever melt, it's contained. I get many compliments on the surprises.

Now - - needles, kits, fiber, paperwork... all of those go out in re-used materials, but nice sturdy ones. There's some pretty shoddy cardboard out there so I choose to save only the better type!

aerianna aerBears
Sacramento, CA

Thanks Jodi!
Aeri

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

since you have your own business thru ebay i am sure you would be able to buy wholesale.

Actually, Paper Mart is quite resonable. They don't require a tax number or have one of those ridiculous minimum orders of $300 or so.
The savings are greater if you do want quantities like that, but many items can be bought in lots of 5, 25 or more. When I surf through their site I get many ideas and 'need' more Stuff, but usually keep to my budget!!

Board footer