Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

bear_sad  Well,I had my bear ,Finian(my avatar) listed on ebay with the intention of donating half of the auction to the victims of hurricane Katrina but I violated ebay rules and they pulled my auction.I just wanted to help,I don't have any spare cash(we are having a bad summer but I know I am blessed and things could be much worse) so I thought this was  good idea.I don't blame ebay at all,I obviously am in the wrong but I am still very sad about it.I will find another way to help.

Picture3745.jpg

sad and lost,Shari.

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Shari, Your bear is beautiful, please don't be sad, I know you were trying to help , but your bear will sell.Can you not relist him for sale and if he makes a good price ,then you can make your donation.  Big Hugs from Rita xxx

Deb Upstate New York

Shari ~

Surely you didn't violate rules intentionally.  Check on relisting!

Deb

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Thanks Rita and Deb. This is what I did wrong(I guess)

We would like to take this opportunity to let you know what part of your listing is not permitted.

Your listing(s) contains the following information:

Please take note!!! Half the final bidding price will be donated to the victims of Hurricane Katrina so please bid if you love Finian and would like to help this wonderful cause<br>
When I get it figured out,I will list again.

Shari.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Shari,
Your heart was in the right place.  It is too bad ebay has such wierd rules...it is like they are getting too big for thier britches.    They rejected one of my listings because my bears name was "cookie" and you cannot have that word in your text description.  I also had another listing axed because I mentioned I had a website...I did not even say what my wesite address even was.

I think some of thier rules are a bit over the top.  Helping others.  How can that possibly be wrong.

I would try again.  He is lovely and will surely find a good home.

Deb Upstate New York

I posted in the wrong place!  (Day is off to great start.)

Here's is from the other post:

Shari ~

I haven't read completely through this ... but check this link out.  Do try again!  I feel so bad that you feel so bad!  http://www.missionfish.org/promo/2005/katrina/index.jsp

Deb

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Thanks Deb,I'll check into this further.

Judi,I agree,thanks for your support.

Hugs.Shari.

Board footer