Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Lisa wrote:

Mmm.  I think I would either write children's stories, open a "holiday" store with cool stuff from all my favorite holidays, or open a bakery.

Lisa, I have a girl crush on you.  I want to be your neighbor and open bakeries and holiday stores with you, cooking muffins and making cute little funky bear things and sharing what we know in tutorials and practice our graphic design skills and creating blogs and spreading beary good will throughout the world, in between writing children's books which I would like to help illustrate.  Can we do that, please?  God any plans to move to California with the family any time soon?  Besides, having raised all boys, living a testosterone-saturated life, I'd really love to have some little girls around so I can practice my (already fantastic) skill of French braiding and have someplace to channel my (wasted) feminine cheerleader, sorority girl energies.

bear_original

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Shelli.... how about volunteering with Big Brothers/Big Sisters??  bear_original You could have a 'little' and all the girliness you want from someone who really needs a role model. And Lisa wouldn't have to move! Besides... I want to work in the bakery! bear_tongue

:crackup:
:hug:  :hug:

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA
Shelli wrote:
Lisa wrote:

Mmm.  I think I would either write children's stories, open a "holiday" store with cool stuff from all my favorite holidays, or open a bakery.

Lisa, I have a girl crush on you.  I want to be your neighbor and open bakeries and holiday stores with you, cooking muffins and making cute little funky bear things and sharing what we know in tutorials and practice our graphic design skills and creating blogs and spreading beary good will throughout the world, in between writing children's books which I would like to help illustrate.  Can we do that, please?  God any plans to move to California with the family any time soon?  Besides, having raised all boys, living a testosterone-saturated life, I'd really love to have some little girls around so I can practice my (already fantastic) skill of French braiding and have someplace to channel my (wasted) feminine cheerleader, sorority girl energies.

:)

Aww, Shelli!   :redface:  :redface:  :redface: I secretly have a girl crush on you too!  All those fabulous drawings you've been doing on your Art Cards.  Truly fabulous.  I'm envious of your talent and I bow down to you my friend.  Move to California?  Mmm.  Hubby wouldn't like that because we really couldn't afford waterfront there and he loves to live on the water.  Me, I'd move in a second.  I love California and used to fly out there all the time on business.

We definitely need a show where we can all get together one day!

Oh my other dream is to start a magazine like "Art Doll Quarterly" but with bears.  I had so much fun doing that bear challenge for them that I want MORE!!!

P.S.  Daphne, when I open my bakery, you'll be the first person I call!!!

Hugs,
Lisa

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

Oh, I would defiantly be putting more time into perfecting my skills of cake decorating!

CAKE_CONTEST.jpg
ginaweb.gif
Kaylie.jpg
Allisonbabyshower.jpg
ornament_cake1.jpg
side_view1.jpg
yellowrosebouquet3.jpg

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Roxanne, you don't NEED to spend any more time perfecting your cake decorating skills.  DAYUNG, woman, those are spectacular!  I didn't even know you did cakes...

bear_flower

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Do you actually eat those cakes??
They are so pretty.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Yummy and SOOOOOOOOOOOO beautiful !!

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

Thank you Shelli, Yeppers, I have been playing around with it for about a year now.

Browen said

Do you actually eat those cakes??
They are so pretty

Yes! The rosette arrangements are mini-cupcakes dipped in chocolate and placed on styrofoam with toothpicks to hold them on. The Gingerbread house is not really edible. I made it for a local contest and placed 2nd, this was fine for me. First place was a kitchen aide mixer that I already had. Second was a $200.00 set of pots and pans from JC Penneys. That is what I really needed, and won! The cake with the piano keys was also in a contest for the Mall. It was the first time I ever entered anything and placed second with it. I was up against professional bakeries here in town. I didn't think I had a chance! The others were awesome. I think it might have been because I stuck to the theme that the contest was all about, the "Music City Mall."
Thanks again!  bear_flower

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Wow!  Look at those cakes!  Really amazing work Roxanne.

Ugh, Daphne, I think I'm going to have to hire Roxanne to work at my bakery. 

Hugs,
Lisa

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

LOL I was going to say if I wasn't making bears AND (this is the big AND) I was well, I would be cake decorating.  It's something I adore - my real passion (and if I were honest, real talent LOL), but I had to give it up because I'm not even well enough to do that.   bear_cry  bear_cry

It sucks not being able to do what you really want to do, but there's not much I can do about it!  Your cakes are just gorgeous Gina!
Danni

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Lil-Miss2.jpgRoxanne, your cakes are wonderful! 

Yesterday, we went to the Buckhorn Fine Art Festival, about 45 minutes from us.  It's an amazing collection of a lot of Canada's best artists, including some VERY well known ones such as Glen Loates, Michael Dumas, Brent Townsend, James Lumbers and my personal favourite Paul Murray.  He dropped out of school as a child of 13(with special permission from the school board) and spent his time in libraries, learning techniques of the masters, and the rest of his time walking the 12 miles to a homestead where some senior residents were living the old ways, with no electricity etc.  These people were his subjects and he is a master at capturing faces.  I love his work and came home with a small giclee print of a childs face.  His work, coupled with some fabulous coloured pencil drawings done by Lori Dunn, has really made me determined to pull out the pencils again!  Here's the print I bought and a link to his website if anyone is interested - http://paulmurray.com/

hugs,

Brenda

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Roxanne those cakes are absolutely wonderful what a great talent you have. Brenda I love that print, exquisite

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

I have always wanted to be in the special effects trade, doing movie props... like sculpting monsters... Or I'd love to run a seasonal Halloween haunted house. Or have an antique arcade, with old fortune telling machines and Pinball, and new games too. Or a Teddy bear, doll, miniature and Collectible store that had classes on making things.  I'd also like to start making more dolls.. I have so many doll ideas. 
Lol, man, I sound kind of loopy. These are actually my dreams of what I want to be doing.. I kind of got sucked into the family business instead, which is fine, not really my cup of tea, but I guess it pays the bills... lol.
Bear Hugs!
Melanie

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Roxanne, you are amazing! The rosettes look real.. I had to do a double take... Very cool!

Bear Hugs!
Melanie

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Great question Aleta! Well I would probably be enjoying a glass of Merlot!

Hah Ha! I really have no answere to that except that I would terribly bored, sad and unfulfilled!

I might take up drawing again and painting! I really don't know. I can't imagine..

Hugs Louise

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Yummy indeed.  bear_happy

.....I would be doing interior design......which I am doing at the moment.  I have the October show here in Portland to focus on soon though.  YIKES!!!  Is it already almost September?  Double YIKES!!!

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

well...I just tried the giving up the bear thing but it so didnt work  :redface:

I love to cook for other people - I used to bake every week for my friends when I was at university and I even got marriage proposals for my baking and home made icecream though sadly I know it was just the food they were interested in!!  bear_tongue

Even though I am pretty bad at it, I really enjoy cardmaking and plan to get back into it now that the bear show season is finally over here in the southern hemisphere.  I just bought myself a cuttlebug and am dying for my dies (ha! no pun intended) to arrive from the US so I can start playing.

I so wish I had the skills to be a kid lit writer - my sister is an illustrator and I've always dreamed of us producing a book together BUT kid lit is one of the hardest genres to master, especially picture books and so I've passed that dream up (for the time being!)

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

At last an answer, has everyone else missed the bit of flesh, am I the only one :redface:
I may be a mature long married woman but one can still appreciate a good bit of stuff :crackup:
:hug:  :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

You're not the only one, Sue; I noticed him too.  Grrrreat curls on that guy, and what's not to like about a guy in jeans?  We may be on diets, but we can still look at the menu.  Right?

Gina, tell your cute friend he's beloved, and also, please tell him that at least one of your beary good GIRL friends worries for his health and wants him to quit smoking, lest he ruin those great looks and end up with emphysema or COPD, like my increasingly suffering mom.

This has been your public service announcement for the day.  bear_tongue

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland
Aleta - The Silly Bear wrote:

Yummy indeed.  bear_happy

.....I would be doing interior design......which I am doing at the moment.

This doesn't surprise me at all seeing your studio and what you have done before.  You can come design my house anytime.

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Ugh, Aleta, when my three are through wrecking my house, please come to me first!  I will definitely be needing a makeover (in more ways than one!!!).

Hugs,
Lisa

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

If I wasn't making bears..............

I'd still have to go to work...... bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

:twisted:  Maybe I'd do more tarot readings to make extra cash.
:twisted:  Like Daph, I'd still promote bear shows
:twisted:  I'd start baking again, at least at home ( I'm a baker by trade )
:twisted:  I'd be buying more crappy manufactured stuffed animals
:twisted:  I would draw more, try painting and doll making
:twisted:  I'd rescue a ton more animals and help people train their 'trouble' pets

Wow, guess there's a bunch of stuff I'd do. I try to avoid getting into any other hobbies because it's hard enough to find bear making time as it is!!

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

If I weren't creating bears? I would definatly choose  one of many crafts I have learned, and go back to ceramic sculpting,painting,porcelain dolls or teach a class.
My husband surprised & bought me a Skutt Kiln in 2000  in a show. I have never used it.  bear_sad  I have it put away in the shop. I would probably start using it then.  :crackup:
All I know with in me that I will always create something new to provide to those I care for & those whom want to learn. :dance:
I can't stop creating with my hands, what I envision in my mind,cause my imagination has no boundries,until the end of my time. bear_original
For now! I share my huggable existing bears  to those who need a hug and a comfort when looking into thier eyes.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Ursidae Your photograhy is beautiful!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

My goodness . . . is Mr. Hottie a model?

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Yeah - can you give him my email address?? hehhee

GORGEOUS photos.
Danni

Board footer