Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Pages:
Densteds Densteds
Website

Thanks Sarah, I've just changed the wording, so here's hoping it will be okay this time round!! ..about the fees we pay, I've just added up what I've paid so far to list this bear, okay I put it in the featured section first time around but all up it's $50AU..then there's the final value fees on top...if he sells  :pray: :pray: :pray:
Hard to imagine how much money they must be making $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

sorry I don't know about the Thread Teds, I do know for a while they were pulling listings that had "shabby chic" but I think they gave up on that one..every second listing had that wording!! so they finally put it in the "too hard to police basket" ....

Kelly, thanks for all the info, I agree with you Ebay needs some stiff competition because they really don't give a hoot about their customers.

hugs,
Denise.

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Hi girls,in regards tp the donation,I was not allowed to just state that I would donate,ebay has their own channels that must be used if you are donating because they want to make sure you are really going to give the money as stated and not just trying to get people to bid just because they think they are helping a cause.I do fully understand this and agree now that I was made aware of how you go about donating through ebay. Many auctions were pulled after Katrina for this reason,my only issue was that they would not answer the email that asked them how I could reword my auction but instead decided that I was reporting an auction(they were very grateful that I was reporting someone) and told me they would take action.Too bad I was reporting myself though  :doh: .Anyway,I haven't heard anything further about it so until I get myself suspended ,I should be okay  bear_grin

:hug: ,Shari.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

This is making me very leary about the Teddies 4 Charity autions many of us will be doing. We'll have to be oh so careful about our bear descriptions and artist bios. UGH!!!

I remember when it was all so much simpler to sell on eBay. There are way too many mean, nasty people out there now. Reminds me of a bumper sticker I see alot... Mean People S---!

Meri Bears (UK) West Sussex, England

Denise

I'm really shocked that you and others have had your auctions pulled for unclear reasons. Boy, there must be some pretty sad people out there who just trawl through auctions looking for the smallest issues to report back to eBay.

Anyway, I've just seen your beautiful bear re-listed. He has a very eyecatching main photo in the listings so I'm certain he will draw lots of attention again.

May you have lots of bids.

Kate
x
www.meribears.fotopic.net

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

How terribly frustrating!  I suggest going directly to the ebay homepage and log on to the "live chat"  Also NEVER NEVER EVER answer an email that looks like it has come from ebay.  If there is any problem at all it will show up in your ebay page.  There are so many spoof emails from ebay.  Ebay has over 114 milliom registered usere so this is a smorgasborge for ugly stupid preditory hackers who are looking for easy targets :twisted:

Even so there are other ebayers out there who are mean spirited and just want to see many of us fail or casue us problems.  Some one turned me in for the mere MENTION that I had a website.  I did not even list what my website was.  My auction was cancelled. 

Think positively ladies...evil ugliness never wins in the end.

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

POOOOOO...I was hoping it was just a spoofing issue.  Thanks Kelly for your "veteran" experience.  I knew all those things just didn't know how to put them into words last night.  Gina, isn't there a toll-free number you can call to get this mess worked out.  I looked at your listings and to be honest I didn't see what they were talking about.  I would suspect that someone was just being mean and vicious and doing a bunch of reporting.  I wonder if Ebay keeps track of those kinds of things...overuse of the reporting system.

Sad world we live in isn't it?

Deb Upstate New York

Shari ~ Sounds like maybe they're a little understaffed, if they can't even get it straight.

Denise ~ I've never used it, but I see there is an Answer Center section of Ebay where you can try to find answers from other Ebayers, rather from Ebay itself.  http://pages.ebay.com/community/answercenter/index.html  Right toward the beginning is a person who entitled his post  "keyword spamming".  I'm thinking users might be more helpful than Ebay.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Awwww  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

To all the ladies being frustrated by e-bay and not getting reasonable answers to your reasonable questions.  I am sorry.

I HAVE JUST ( oops caps lock-I swear I am going to remove that d......key) recently taken up watching the artist bears forum.  (  I get so tickled when I see a bear from a TeddyTalk member...) silly? perhaps, but I want to see each and every singe one of us succeed at what we love doing....in whatever form succeeding is to us.

Denise, I can not see why this wording is a problem- unless they thought you were trying to entice people looking for old style mohair in a fabric forum...And of course they would hae no way of knowing or understanding that this IS the way teddytalkers talk.  So perhaps they thought you were trying to get away with only paying for the one listing but encourage in others who would not normally go to artist bears.

Hmmm

You want to be out there-you need your product to be seen-so you are going to have to find a way of getting the same thoughts without upsetting the e-bay gods in charge. 

I am betting you can do it-and I am happy to hear you had 5 watchers-
so you can do it  again

one parting thought on the bears from china-

I suspect they are as great a quality as everything else we see coming from china-easy to break, made out of catskin, or something equally sad/bad, perhaps having mites, stuffed with stuff we don't want to know about, and it wont take too long before people stop buying because they are what they are-not very good trash-

My honey and I go out of our way not to buy anything from China-(except, as I have stated before-the silk, they still make good silk cloth)

When it comes to true quality, lasting value and the uniqueness and beauty a true collector will want a true artist bear.  You can't get that from a slave shop in China!

Be angry-eat chocolate-blow off steam......but remember you are better than e-bay's whimsical rules-and you can adapt and continue to sell.

So, my fine chickadees- get cracking- someone somewhere must have a bear to joint or a nose to sew!

golyhugs to you all

Diu

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

=Just Us Bears    Sue Ann..ready to jump into ebay yet?? :doh:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  Ya gotta be kidding!!

All of you ladies that have had unfortunate experiences with ebay . . . I'm soooo sorry!  Hope you all have good endings to these horror stories!   :pray:  My thinking is that being VERY ebay illiterate, I would make a ton of 'grievous errors' that are prohibited by them if I ever put up my bears for sale.  Think I'll give up my tentative intention to jump in!  bear_rolleyes  bear_tongue

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Wow - this stuff is scary!  Circumventing fees? what the heck does that mean?  I did a search the one time for a frog pin and came across one that was $.99 and then i looked closely at the auction and the shipping was $12!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

So why doesnt ebay regulate that kind of stuff??  I can see adding packing materials to postage costs but not to "circumvent" your auction.... The auctions should be reviewed before they are submitted not "deleting" them after the fact... hmmmm....

Densteds Densteds
Website

Thanks ladies  for all your kind words, I really appreciate it, but hey! no use crying over spilt milk...just keep my fingers crossed he goes okay this time..

like Daphne said it's just sad that there are so many nasty people out there..

hugs,
Denise.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Oh brother!!   bear_rolleyes  bear_rolleyes  bear_ermm

Willamette Valley Oregon

Gina,

Perhaps it's the way in which you are wording your shipping/handling.  Not that I personally think there is anything wrong with it...but perhaps you should just list a shipping amount to include your handling fees or use the Ebay shipping calculator.  Ebay may be inappropriately interpreting your vagueness (for lack of a better word) as fee circumvention.  Also I think that buyers would prefer to know outright what the shipping will be and not have to contact the seller and ask...I know I personally feel that way.  I'd rather just see it upfront.  Just a thought...

Check some of the other listings and see what other reputable bear artist list as shipping/handling.

Just something to consider...

Shantell

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Oh Denise - how really annoying for you.
I can't understand why they have pulled your auction - does not make sense.
I hope that they can explain to you why???? I hope that they reinstate your
auction as it sounds like you had a lot of people looking. Good luck with that.

I am begining to hate ebay. I have been trying to bid on a Chanel belt and every
time I get ou bid by about 5 dollars each time  so annoying.

Hugs
Carolyn

Densteds Densteds
Website

Thanks Carolyn,
yes!! seems like a lot of people are fed up with them, maybe the ebay bubble is about to burst!!
a bit suspicious about those Chanel belts???? lots of weird things going on!!

hugs,
Denise

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia
Densteds wrote:

okay I put it in the featured section first time around but all up it's $50AU..then there's the final value fees on top...if he sells  :pray: :pray: :pray:
Hard to imagine how much money they must be making $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
hugs,
Denise.

I know Denise...they must be absoloute zillionaires!  also don't you hate those Pay Pal fees when you accept money..They must be rolling in it too!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Every time I list a bear on ebay now I get all paranoid, wondering if it is acceptable.  They seem to be really picky lately from what you gals have been experiencing.  It is a shame to think that people are cruel enough to complain to ebay and get auctions pulled.  I know they need to follow rules, but it is frustrating when others get away with blatant  rule breaking. 

As Judi said, we can't give up !

Gina and Shantell

New Avatars!  wooohoooo!!!!!!  neat!  pretty catchy

Your guys are great! :dance: :dance:

Densteds Densteds
Website

Hi Everyone,

I just received this email from ebay, re: my auction being removed.... how kind of them, no reason why it was taken off, just some wimpy apology...geee! I'm angry all over again, bear_angry bear_angry bear_angry I haven't anywhere near the amount of lookers this time around..this sort of thing happening probably makes buyers a bit wary of you..it really stinks!!
hugs to you all, Denise :hug: :hug:
ps Gina did you hear anything about yours????

This is ebay's email:-

Hello Denise,

My name is Anthony. Please allow me the opportunity to help you in this
matter.

I have reviewed your items and it appears the item in question was
removed by mistake. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience
that may have been caused.

All related fees were credited for the original listing, and you will
need to relist the item for it to show up in the search results and
receive new bids. We have also left a note on your file indicating that
the error was ours.

Again, we apologise for any inconvenience and appreciate you taking the
time to work with us on this issue. We look forward to a long and
successful relationship with you.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Anthony Shorthall
eBay Customer Support

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Huuummmpphh!  Too little, too late!  bear_angry  bear_angry

Willamette Valley Oregon

oh brother...maybe they should send that to all the people who placed bids...

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Denise,

Sue Ann nailed it. These idiots have cost you money, behaved unprofessionally, and offered you no reasonable compensation. The least they could have done would have been to offer to 'feature' your auction in one of those box things.

Maybe it demands a new thread, but I really think this calls for a message from the bear artist community, suggesting (at the very least) that they contact a seller and give him/her a chance to make corrections to the listing before pulling an auction. Clearly the momentum built on a particular auction can be lost when the bear is relisted.

Eileen

Densteds Densteds
Website

Sue Ann, Shantell, Eileen,

No!! nothing to compensate for time loss, and a possible sale that's gone down the tube!!

I did just receive another email saying that IF there were any bids, these buyers have been notified, so I still haven't a clue if there were bids or not....oh well! it's a beautiful day here so maybe I'll just go out and vent my anger  bear_angry on digging up the weeds in the garden...thanks everyone for all your support, you're a great bunch  bear_flower bear_flower bear_flower:thumbsup: bear_thumb

hugs,  :hug:
Denise

Oh Denise!   :hug: :hug: 

I am so sorry- I was hoping we would have some halfway good news.....I wasn't expecting miracles-it is e-bay after all....

I enjoy shopping on e-bay.  I tell the hubster it is Dilu gambling-cuz you never know.  I find it interesting to read the feedbacks and try to read between the lines.  And sometimes I am absolutely surprised.  On Friday I got the 3 pieces of mini upholstery fabric and the very nice lady bear maker seller added in another piece, in a super color.  I won!

But sometimes you loose too.  My honey lost on the Jeep he bought!  OUCH!

He lost.  And by a lot more than he should have.  But never daunted, my intrepid hero tried again with a Suzuki and BINGO!  He won!

It's as close to gambling I'll probably ever get.

But that is from the buyers view point.  For you ladies trying to sell.....that is so much harder.

I have never had success.  Judi once told me it takes time to get established on e-bay.  So I will probably try again.  and I hope you artist ladies try again.  Because it is a WAY that collectors can see your work and have a chance to purchase your work.  And I believe there is enough room in this world for all the bearmakers and there are enough collectors for everyone to be happy.

I can imagine your discouragement-and am sorry.  Lets just try again....

I'm still considering an add in the mags. 

I GET SO TICKLED when I see the adds from ladies here, and send out a little teeny tinny prayer that they will have good fortune....

Hugs Dilu

Pages:

Board footer