Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

What a wonderful thread - my most memorable Christmas gift when I was about 5...  was a little pink wind up dog that played - Jingle Bells - we went on a long road trip up to my grandparents who lived in Thames and I must have driven my parents mad because I loved it so much and kept winding it up and listening to it.

Another favourite toy was when I was about 10,  my brother had done a milk round and with his first pay packet he bought my sister and I each a Cindy doll, which I just loved so much.

Happy Memories!

Hugs
Carolyn

bear_flower

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Mine was a ViewMaster with all Snoopy Slides of course.  Yes I still have them too.  :crackup:

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_wub  bear_wub
I am loving this thread!!!
Such great stories! My favorite Christmas gift was a dollhouse kit which my dad bought and we built together Christmas day. Mom and Dad were not together then but he came for Christmas and spent the whole day building with me so it would be finished when he had to go home. I made furniture and dolls for it and played with it for years afterward.

My favorite gift of all though came on my sixth birthday---my Teddy Bear! I still have him.

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Great thread, loved all the stories.  My very favorite present at Christmas was a sledge, luckily that year we had a white Christmas (we always got soooooo much snow when I was a little girl, how the weather has changed).  I spent hours with my Dad all to myself going up and down the hills, I was an only child so missed the siblings to play with but luckily my Dad was like a kid when it snowed.

Warm wishes
Pauline

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Wonderful stories, Kelly I think you were a very lucky lady to have such a friend as this. 

di

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I know I broke her heart. Out of the mouth of babes I guess! Luv You Mom!

I know what you mean Louise.
One birthday..I think I may have been about six. For some reason my parents were finding it hard to make ends meet that year and for my Birthday I had asked for a skipping rope. That was all I wanted. Nothing else but the skipping rope.
I got my skipping rope but I took umbrage that it wasnt in gift paper but just the brown bag from the store.
I upset mum dreadfully with my horrid tantrum. To this very day I still cant forgive myself for my dreadful behavour that day.
:redface:
Wendy

Karon Posts: 751

My favourite present wasn'te a toy - but a white hamster called Snowball.

I came down about 5 am to see a big blue metal cage - with a notice on it saying "Be careful, he may bite".
Oh he was gorgeous - and I had always wanted a pure white one.  Apparently my Mum had rang around all the pet shops in the locality,

I was about nine years old at the time.

Sadly "Snowball" didn't live long - about 6 months - and of course I was broken hearted when he died. 

I will always have a special place for him though!

By the way "Snowball"s replacement lived for 2 and half years.

Karon

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

My favourite toy at Christmas was my doll, which I called Lucinda...I still have her. But my best and most favourite toy ever was ...yep youv'e probably guessed it ...my Jacko monkey...I still have him too. His hands have wires so you can hang him onto things. I scarred the life out of my neighbour one day. She came into our kitchen and I had climbed up onto a chair and hung Jacko from the door frame. When she saw him she shrieked so loud that my mum dropped the cup of tea that she had just poured. I was sent upstairs to my room to think about what I had done. My sister and I couldn't stop giggling though... we were so naughty!

JacoMonkey5.jpg

Ah, those were the days!

Hugs, Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Jane!
That brings back memories bear_wub Jacko was my sister's favorite gift. too! I think it had a lot to do with how it felt and moved. To a child it could be a real chimp   bear_rolleyes
Karen

Board footer