Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Pages:
Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

I'm so delighted to learn that the talking birds really are smart.  I always thought that their words were just like random recordings, but they really understand some of what they say??  Wow!! bear_cool:cool:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Kirsten, Samson is wonderful. I have always wanted one of these intelligent birds. I must convince my husband that we should have one. Bye the way great photo! Do these birds need a lot of company or is it ok to leave them for a while (not too long of course)? Isn't he a great boy!
Jane.

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

Sam is pretty bonded to me. :)In college I had to leave him with my parents while I lived in the dorms for a year. He plucked out all his feathers. bear_shocked He has recovered of course, but he likes attention. I do leave him for 2-3 days for weekend trips (just fill up several food bowls) He really likes to be out with me, and might scream if ignored completely! bear_noexpression

crisw Posts: 12

Oh, A Judas goat is an uncut male with horns...he guards the flock. If a coyote or dogs come around he will aggressively chase them off .The sheep follow the goat as their leader he leads them out of troubles way..I have no idea why they call the goat a Judas goat.

They are called Judas goats becuause their first use was in slaughterhouses. They were trained to lead the sheep up the ramp to the killing floor- the trusting sheep would follow the confident goat:(

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Cris, that is so sad !!!!!  What horrible Goats.... LOL

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Oh Chris ! That's terrible...boo hoo for the little sheep..Winney

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Those goats were given a very suitable name, don't you agree...nasty little * * * * * *
Still sound like they have redeemed themselves if they guard the flock from coyotes or dogs.

Jane.

Pages:

Board footer