Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Hi all,
I wanted to share my new 'wow' tool discovery and thought I would add it to here instead of starting a new thread. 
Its a little tool I bought from the craft shop.  It is a used for beading and is much like a pair of plyers but the end bits are very long and narrow without an actual end...anyone seen them (love my explaination I know lol)  I think they are used for crimping the end of wires on beading.  Well I have never used hemostats (sp??) so can't say which is better, but find these so thin that they travel right up the joint...you can grab stuffing and move it up etc and the ends are smooth so no damage.  also wonderful for turning and the handle is nice for arthritic hands bear_original  My trusted thin bamboo skewer broke on me so I have been on the prowl and this seems to do the trick nicely! :dance:
Anyway, thought I would share as I used mine for the first time today and was very happy about it  bear_grin
xo Sarah

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Sarah - thanks for the tip!

I don't use haemostats as I find them a bit clumsy when I'm turning (it's actuall me that's clumsy!!!) and I turn using my small cotter pin turner which is very naughty.

I shall look out for these next time I'm at the bead shop!  Have fun with your mini bear!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Great idea, Sarah!! Thanks.

My daughter is a beader. I'm sure I saw some small needle-nosed plier thingies on her desk! I'm off to steal them . . .

Eileen

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Melissa, I've used the cotter pin turner before.. I ended up breaking a stitch  bear_rolleyes  so decided not to use it again lol  Metal certainly slips through better than wood or bamboo tho  :thumbsup:
Eileen, lol, I steal lots of tools from crafts my mum and sister work at...lol...and we are always mixing up scissors! lol

Board footer