Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Conni Germany

My interest grows....

Can I use all needles and is it a quick exchange?? Wizpick...

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Well I now have one. I do like it but I think it has some limitations.....but that might be me just being inexperienced.  I think it's great for surface work but I did some feet ...which I felt on to the leg..and it was not as good for that. I did have to key in the felt by hand first. It was great for the finishing though..and for detailing very fast! I think I need to try my own needles. As the ones that come with it seem less effective.

Pijangibears Pijangibears
Denmark

Ohhh - that was not good news. It is a lot of money, just to do the surface.
Can I use the normal needles in the machine?

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I don't think it is JUST for the surface...my limited experience is that it's great for surface work but I need practice!

Denmark

I did pre-order one. I hope, I will have some fun with it  bear_grin

threadteds ThReAdTeDs®
Website

threadteds Banner Sponsor

I like to use my own (cut of) needles. 36T, 38T and 40T is great to make the wool firm. I use star needles for smoothen the surface. It also depends on the wool I use. I do use the hand needles too for some things, but the lot repeating work I use the Addi Quick.  If I start a 3D project, I first make the inside firm and then add on. If I start to big with the loose wool and the AQ, the inside is not reached and I get a hollow inside. I also think, because of the machine is so fast, the needle does not grasp the fiber the same way as if doing it slowly with hand..  It is practice and get used on it, but still, I am totally happy with my tool!!  Jenny, I too think that my own, cut off, needles do a better job.
Berta

Denmark

It is nice to hear. that you are satisfied with the AQ. I am looking forward to recieve mine in December.
I think, it will be great to use with the reverse needle.

threadteds ThReAdTeDs®
Website

I have not tried the reserve needles jet but will do next..  can`t wait to see the result.

Denmark

Please tell me, when you have tried the reverse needle.

threadteds ThReAdTeDs®
Website

1353859314_reverse-1.jpg1353859329_reverse-2.jpg

I tried the reserve needle with the Addi Quick. I only did the head, not the muzzle. It works great bear_original , I only went over the surface, the needle not to deep in the felt. I used the reserved needle #38 I bought from Bobbie Ripperger a while ago and cut the needle to fit in the Addi Quick.

Denmark

It worked - thank you. Kind of you to take pictures of the result.  bear_flower

Board footer