Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Conni Germany
customteddys Custom Teddys
Juneau, Alaska

Hi everybody! I've been away from TT for a while but now I'm back. I so appreciate this thread. Because to me, this is what TT is all about. Helping each other and encouraging each other. I've been so intimidated in the past by other people's creations, that I simply felt inadequate to share anything here, but I know that's just my "stuff" and I need to get over it. And I am. We all have a special talent, and it looks like you are discovering yours, Nan. For me, it took creating many bears before I looked one in the face he touched me so much I started to cry. His name was Rafferty. And he was totally imperfect. I think this form of artistry grabs us up because we never know who will be the result of our efforts. It's just amazingly addicting and fun! So, Nan, keep going and don't be embarrassed that your bears are not perfect. Improvement. Progress. That's all any of us can do. Looking forward to those pictures  bear_thumb

Hugs, Vicki

Little Nan Posts: 233

Thank you Vicki . I've discovered it's almost impossible to upload photos from an IPad so ill have a go with the laptop, may have more luck with that !!
Hugs , Nan

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I saw some of my old pieces on the sidebar on here and was mortified....you do forget how your work looked back then..but also I am sure have lost customers because I think my work has changed from what it was then....so sometimes it's the little things you don't quite get that make them so appealing ....
So it's good to to track your work from its early beginnings to what it is as it progresses. It makes you realise how much you have actually learned .

As they say Jenny , you can't please everyone , but you have to follow your heart and do what you personally like and what gives you most satisfaction ... well that's how I feel anyway ... and I can't imagine you lost any custom !!
For myself it's taken me months and months to arrive at a pattern I'm anywhere near pleased with and metres of fabric , and I still don't think it's completely what I'm after but it is exciting waiting to see what each one will turn out like ! I'm like a big kid on Christmas morning !
As for evolving ... mine have gone from monkey features to angry bear to ... well you name it  !! Ha ha , all good fun ! For years I bought the family birthday and Christmas cards with the little Forever Friends bears on and I think that look has been at the back of my mind.
I don't think I've seen any of your very early work Jenny but I certainly don't think that I'd be mortified !
Hugs x

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Well if you look on here there are lots of pictures of my early work...eeek!!!

Well Jenny, I would actually be ecstatic if they were my work !!

Board footer