Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Debbie Five Shelbyville, TN

EJ ~ This is my first Barron bear. I have always thought they have a true teddy face! Maybe this won't be my last one bear_original ~ Debbie

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Ooooh, I love Sharon's bears too!  This one is a beauty.  bear_wub
I also love the fact that she still makes really large bears; not many artists still make big bears.  bear_sad

These are my two very big Barron Bears: Jaxson Lee and Mindy.

EJ Netcong, New Jersey

One time i spent my entire budget at the bear show in Philadelphia on a Sharon Barron bear.....and he was well worth it!  (i know i've posted this pic before....)

Peter & EJ ~ Golly gosh you both have such stunning bears! I do hope you have shared your bear pics on Pinterest as well. That is a great place to view and cataloge wonderful bear specimens~~ Debbie 5

EJ wrote:

One time i spent my entire budget at the bear show in Philadelphia on a Sharon Barron bear.....and he was well worth it!  (i know i've posted this pic before....)

I understand completely: when I saw her bears in London at the Hugglets show, I just couldn't resist them either.  bear_thumb

Debbie Five wrote:

Peter & EJ ~ Golly gosh you both have such stunning bears! I do hope you have shared your bear pics on Pinterest as well. That is a great place to view and cataloge wonderful bear specimens~~ Debbie 5

You are right Debbie, I do have a Pinintrest account and several "teddy bear" boards, but I keep forgetting to post my pictures there.  bear_wacko   I'll try better in future.  bear_happy

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Beautiful examples of Sharon's work  bear_original  Thanks, everyone, for sharing!

Becky

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

What a beautiful collection you have Debbie.

Thank you so much for the compliment Joanne! It is one of my dreams to one day "capture" one of your creations to add to my bear cave bear_original ~ Debbie

Debbie Five wrote:

Thank you so much for the compliment Joanne! It is one of my dreams to one day "capture" one of your creations to add to my bear cave bear_original ~ Debbie

Mine too! bear_whistle

So excited I had to share! My Mickey the Murphy Bear arrived today and I made him sit still for a couple of photos. First one is right after opening his travel box and letting him get a couple of gasps of air before heading to the bear cave. Next one is feeling right at home in bear cave.  He has lots of friends and a can of marbles to keep him company bear_original ~ Debbie 5

He's lovely, Debbie, and he looks very smart with his waistcoat and bow tie!  bear_wub

Thank you Peter! I also read on his hang tag that his coat is made from antique quilt pieces. Makes him even more endearing bear_original  ~ Debbie

EJ Netcong, New Jersey

wow, you have the most lovely red bears!!!!!   I don't think i have many red ones in my collection....I'm going to have to seek out some! bear_wub

edmondnutmeg Padfield bears
Derbyshire
Website

Oh my he is lovely! Murphy bears always have such adorably curious expressions  bear_wub

Thank you Michelle! I adore the Murphy bears, too bear_original ~ Debbie 5

LitWit Posts: 298

Mickey's fantastic! bear_original Red bears are so striking.

Thanks so much LitWit! I do so love me some Murphy Bears! ~ Debbie 5

Well, as promised I am posting more inhabitants of my bear cave. This sweet, chubby guy is Elliott by Pat Murphy. ~ Debbie

Here is another resident of the cave. This handsome fellow is Berne' by Lynda Joy Hite. He is attired in his authentic lederhosen and is accompanied by his little buddy Bruin Brau who was also created by Lynda.

Let's have more bears, and then some! This is Liberty Bear by Kate Berlin and her little sidekick Moe ~

Wow, those are all fabulous bears!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
I would love to pay a visit to your bear cave; it's probably like Alibaba's cave.   bear_laugh

EJ Netcong, New Jersey

Wow, these are sooooo impressive!  I could never pick a favorite teddy in your bear cave...they'd all be my favorites! bear_wub

Thanks so much EJ & Peter!  I have actually thinned my collection of duplicates of my fav artists in order to be able to acquire a few more bears of artists I don't have. I would love a Desert Mountain Bear and also would love a Gregory Gyllenship Bear! In the meantime, here are a few others bear_original Debbie 5

My very first artist bear Ling Ling by Rachel Radman

Geb Ebberly a Barricane Bear & friend Hannah

Little Geb

Gunner & chicken friend Rory both by Deb Beardsley Elertson

Missjune75 Posts: 14

Thank you for sharing! Your collection is filled with personality and soul and is a wonderful source of a bear education for any aspiring bear collector. I love the Rose repair on the foot of your bear Victoria Rose! Proof that some of our best creative ideas come from necessity.  I'm usually more of a traditionalist but your blue & violet bears are amazing! I love all of them but the Kate Berlin and Barron bears were some of my favorites.

Thank you MissJune 75 for the wonderful compliments! I have so enjoyed being able to share my bear passion bear_original ~ Debbie 5

Board footer