Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Krista,

What precious babies, and mom too!  Hat's off to you for your rescue efforts.  I have 10 cats now that are all rescues.  Fortunately, we live in the country, so they have plenty of room to play.

krystolla Fuzzbutt Bears
Columbus Ohio

I can sympathise with the blue boy being your special baby -- I have two blue kitties (one solid and one tabby). My little boy blue is watching me type, actually. I swear that the dilute coat colors really are softer -- there is a legend that experianced cat show judges can tell the colors of cats blindfolded by feeling the texture of their coats. I mostly can tell my cats apart in the dark by which organs they choose to squash.

I'm also facinated with the calico, tortishell and patched tabby coats though. No one has figured out how the pattern of red and black is determined. It's not entirely genetic -- sisters won't have the same pattern though they may share distinctive freckles or splotches. It's not all environmental because littermates may be vastly different. Calico coats are one of the few really random, magical things in nature.

Hence my ongoing desire to design a patched-tabby teddy bear . . . I just haven't figured out how to manage it without an absurdly complex pattern.  :doh:

-- Erika
Fuzzbutt Bears

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Thanks for sharing the pictures of the adorable kitty cats - so lovely.
I hope that you have fun babysitting them. You will not want to give them back.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

I looove seeing pictures like these!  They make me smile. :)

Kimberly W.

Board footer