Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Ahhh  Ruth sound like one of those angels that come to help but no one recognizes. 

My caveat before any of you enter the MedicalMaze:

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

Learn everything you can about your condition so that you can make truely informed decisions

Louise- please give Miss Ruth a hug for me.  She is remarkable in her fight for better care for the elderly.

And if you are praying for a heart attack please add that it be a long long time off-the world still need you!  and so do we. :)

Hugs

Dilu

Sue Ann it would be interesting to do an informal poll at a major show of the creators and artists....I think we would find a strong correlation to what we are discussing here.

On the same note, when I received my little knittie from our Judi- It was healing.  But here is something nicer

She also sent a larger knit bear-one night in the middle of one of my episodes, which constitutes incredable cramping from navel to toes, i reached out in the dark for a pillow to hold over my tum, and grabbed this knit bear.  just the right size.  I use it all the time know, and it is comforting.....

Dilu

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Is it possible that we're all long-lost cousins? bear_laugh bear_grin :/

My condition was the result of my daughter's OCD. Massive stress over a long period of time. watching my child suffer, putting through her clinical behavioral therapy practice all day most days, and battling the school system tooth and nail = clinical depression. When our psychologist ordered me to do something I really enjoyed every day, I realized that I had no idea what that might be anymore.

My mind kept turning to "toys" of some sort. Since I'm an amateur cabinetmaker, I started with rocking horses of the classical English variety. I taught myself how to hand-carve wood and got to work with singing heart. But I still haven't finished my first horsie, because I soon afterward and all-of-a-heap discovered bears!!!!!!!

I can't tell you (probably don't need to) what fun I'm having, though I'm still so hopelessly disorganized that I can't get to the bears often enough. But I'm getting there day by day . . . I found that the depression made me so completely disorganized that it's been a real challenge getting hold of my life and time again.

My family was most skeptical until they saw my first attempt. Now they're completely beind me, which adds wings to the enterprise. I've got a long way to go but (as Dilu so wisely says) I've got to live long enough to use up my supplies!! Actually, it might be a good idea to add to my stash bear_laugh Just a little insurance, there. bear_grin

Eileen

Eileen

I love your spunk!

Yep- get that room stocked up with mohair and eyes and felt and thread.....can't have too much insurance and at least, unlike real insurance, this is insurance we get to have, touch, use and be happy with. 

Sorry I know we aren't supposed to end sentences with with! :lol::lol:

Bless your heart, Eileen, It is absolutely a normal occurence for a parent to have some kind of physical/psychological break down.  The stress you were under was incredible!

It's like spouses divorcing after the death of a child.

Sometimes it is just too hard for a parent watching their child suffer and not being able to help.

Eileen the fact that you are able to see the problems-disorganization and depressions means your battle is half won! 

Wow!  Do you really really realize just how far you've come!

Fantabulous!

I am so glad you found your calling...Teds....and that they bring you such joy.

You may have to finish that horse when that first grandbaby comes along though! :D

Was this the most beautiful daughter in the wedding pictures....if so wow....such a success story and it hinges totally on you and her father fighting so hard for her.

Such a lucky lady.  Both of you.  And it explains that expressions on your face in the wedding picture where you are looking at her.  It reminded me of the Piata-only joyful.

You and your honey are incredazellable.  What a blessing you are to the world.

Yes.

The world.

Because try as we like we are not able to live in a total vacuum.  We touch peoples lives each and every day.  It might be the clerk at the grocery store, it might be computer friends, but it is nearly impossible not to have our lives intersect, somehow, someplace, somewhere. 

How we deal with those interpersonal contacts is what determines truly what kind of people we are.

And how we treat one person is passed on, ad infinitum.

And isn't it really neat that we are in the part of the world that gets to make products that bring joy! 

It is much nicer than giving shots! :P

Dilu

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Dilu, I have those cramps and pain when ever I walk, its the Fibro. I have to stop often til they subside...last year it was every 10 steps.When I would walk down the street  I must have looked funny and strange to other people  ,just  trying to take an ordinary walk. Of course they didn't know what was wrong with me. NOw, I am so much better, I don't have to stop but maybe once or twice...I just keep pushing on...

Horsies! One of my sons is a pro.horse trainer and so is his wife. They live in Colorado where for several years they worked  closely with Pat Parilli...who is the " horse whisperer". That man is a very rare person indeed for what he can do with horses, even wild ones. Within 15 min, they will let him bear weight on them. I saw one of his horse shows here a few years ago and was amazed. He has workshops where he trains people to train their own horses.I am really proud of what my son and his wife is doing.

Eileen...I have wanted to carve a big bear for my outside porch entry. Can you tell me what kind of soft wood I can use ? I have not a clue what kind of knife to use either.... Winney

clare14 Country Bears
England

Hi Eileen,

I'd love to see some of your bears, have you any pictures?

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan
Dilu wrote:

And isn't it really neat that we are in the part of the world that gets to make products that bring joy!

Yes,  Yes. I agree ! bear_laugh I love reading your
L-O-N-G post. I just can't reply with long sentence
due to my English skills but I wanted to say,
often been in touch and moved for what you have said. I am really glad that I'm in this Teddy & Golly(n otehrs)world. bear_laugh

Eileen, I love to see you horsie too!!!! but I know
you are in to the BEAR stuff now so I will wait
for the horsie....maybe in 2006!? :)

Big Hugs/Marie

Marie,

It is often said that the most wonderful gifts come in small packages.

I think it is a metaphor.

your most wonderful words come in short posts.....but they are special and treasured just the same

I humbly thank you

Diane

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Marie,

Horsie is still in the works! I thought I'd finish him and use him to display bears, maybe make some bear-sized horsies. Unfortunately, at the moment, my woodworking shop is buried under piles of boxes. I'm working on it . . .

Eileen

Board footer