Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

I was surprised at his size Jodi!  He would be so cute in person no wonder your sons girlfriend loved him :)
xx Sarah

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

Jodi -
Very nice!
Hugs,
Jared

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin BIG smiles from me too!! bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

I love your method for disk and thread jointing. It's much nicer than thread alone.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Thanks Jodi. this will be great for anyone starting out making bears or for those who have not yet got things quite right. Thanks for sharing your techniques with us!

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

That was fun to see. Great Job Jodi, good clear pictures. You should make that into a little booklet with pattern. Looks like a great seller to me!
I too would love to see some needle felting step by steps, especially felting on to a bears face.
Hugs, Kathy

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

I would have loved to have had such great directions when I was a new to bear making.

Three cheers for Jodi!   :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Giant bear hugs for a very generous lady...
~Kathy

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Super tutorial, Jodi, and what a sweet little handful of outcome from all that work.  Thanks very much for making this available to the members here.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

It was great fun , I really enjoyed it  !!! :dance:  Hope someone learned a trick or two. :dance:

Bear hugs.........Jodi Falk

Maybe we should do one sometime where a pattern is handed out and we see how it comes out when we do our own thing to it.

What do you think ??? If I need to train the newbees along the way I can. Just a thought.

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

The effort you've put into this and your generosity in sharing is typical of TT folk.   :clap:  :clap:

I've never ceased to be amazed by the generosity of artists on this forum.  :dance:

Many Many Thanks. :hug:

Kathleen Pa

Thanks Jodi,  you must have been reading my mind!  I've been thinking of trying a miniature bear so you may be getting some questions from me in the near future
:hug:

Kathleen

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA
bear bum wrote:

Thanks Jodi,  you must have been reading my mind!  I've been thinking of trying a miniature bear so you may be getting some questions from me in the near future
:hug:

Kathleen

Kathleen,

Bring them On dearie !!!!  :dance:  If I can Help I surely will !!!

2521.gif   Bear Hugs .... Jodi falk

Celena Oxford

Thanks Jodi!  :hug:  Great tutorial  bear_thumb  I really like the jointing method, thanks for sharing and the bear is so CUTE  bear_wub

Beary hugs
Celena

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a generous and informative piece you've done here, Jodi!  Thanks so much for sharing your talent!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

What a generous effort on your part Jodi to take the time to create this lesson.  I'm sure if will benefit many.
Good for you !!!  :dance:  :dance:   That little bears is just too cute by the way  bear_wub

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Any time you guys, I am here to help out in what ever way I can.It was great fun doing the mimi with you watching. Hope it was easy enough to follow.I could have taken more pictures but it would have gone on for ever !! bear_rolleyes AND IT ALLOWED ME TO COME UP WITH THE NEW JOINTING SYSTEM !!! I was thinking in my head,... Now I don't have joints this small to use, sooooo   what can I come up with ??? And The picture formed in my mind. I wasn't even sure it would work ... but it is great, I will use it again and again in my smaller bears. Thanks guys  bear_grin

Jodi Falk

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Wow Jodi, five gold stars for a job well done!  Hmmm, I don't have any gold star images to include in this message, so you'll have to settle for five of these little yellow smilies...

:clap:   :dance:  :clap:  :dance:  :clap:

Keep up the great work!
Kelly

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Thanks  bear_grin  I love it !!! bear_thumb  :hug:

sheilaleigh Sheila Leigh
Lincoln, Nebraska

Jodi,

Thank you for sharing with us!  It is always fun to see how someone else puts there mini bears together. 

p.s. I just love your bears! bear_wub

hugs,
Sheila

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Jodi, thanks so much for sharing your method!!!!  bear_flower
I never thought of using disk with thread !! I love to try your jointing method for little
ones.

BIG HUGS
Marie

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

That was a huge project for you to undertake. It is something well worth while having in the achives here at TT.
Can you image how many people are going to learn from your tutorial.  MMmmmm staggering to think about it.
:clap:  :clap: clever girl.

I liked your improv with the thread jointing. I am interested why not just use the button on its own? why button and disk?.  I think that is a new trick for quite alot us. bear_grin
Wendy bear_thumb

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Jodi, I love your idea of a challenge and all using the one pattern and seeing how they turn out.  It would be great fun - especially if it were a little'un, as we are not used to them.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA
matilda wrote:

That was a huge project for you to undertake. It is something well worth while having in the achives here at TT.
Can you image how many people are going to learn from your tutorial.  MMmmmm staggering to think about it.
:clap:  :clap: clever girl.

I liked your improv with the thread jointing. I am interested why not just use the button on its own? why button and disk?.  I think that is a new trick for quite alot us. bear_grin
Wendy :thumbsup:

I used the button and disc because I was afraid the button alone would pull through the hole I punched in the arm for the thread to go through and like wise on the inside. But I guess you could use bigger buttons but I only had small at my house at the time.Good thinking !!!
                                                             bear_grin Jodi Falk

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original

YES PLEASE--BASKETS

bear_original

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Hi Jodi
I just saw your tutorial today and i wanted to say to you

THANKS![size=0][/size]  bear_wub
How so very wonderful of you to have taken the time to show your little one being "born"! He is adorable! I have been making bears for almosts 10 years and I never thought of that jointing method for wee ones! it is so good! Thank you for sharing.  Your tutorial is so weel done! :clap:
Bear hugs and Golly smiles
Gladys bear_flower

joyceweaver Posts: 8

Jodi thanks a million - some people charge lots of money for this information!  And I love your little bears' personalities!
Joyce Weaver

Board footer