Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

teddy_bears_org USA - Florida

I fixed the web site, thanks.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow, welcome Kim and Scott (and your wife) . . . it is soooo nice to keep getting new members and both of you sound like you will be great additions to our crew!!  It's great to get more men!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Ooh Daphne, you poor thing!

Hope it's sorted now!

Danni

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Welcome Kim & Scott, I know you through Yahoo Groups!

I'm sure you'll love it here!
Danni

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

Daphne - My husband currently works as a web programer and has offered to look at your site and situation and see if he can help. He loves fiddling with sites. Email me if you want him to "fiddle" bear_laugh

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Daphne WAIT~!!!!!!

About STARTLOGIC  I hade them for about 1 week......They never answer the phones or you are on hold for 30 min minimum. When I asked about that I was assured that never happens., NOT It happened every single time.  So I went back to my old hosting company.  So if there is a way to check on them, please do.

Dilu

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Daphne !
How frustrated is that !!!!!!
If you need more scream helper
I will scream big from here for you ! :mad:
H-E-Y ! S-T-A-R-T-L-O-G-I-C-!!!

but I hope your front page are
sorted already.......

*****************************:
Welcome Kim and Scott&Sheila  :D
This is truly exiting place to talk about
bears and more ! Please stay a while with
us. 
Hugs/Marie

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Marie - you are so sweet! Did you ever tell us how you get those music notes??

Dilu - oh GREAT! Thanks a lot!!! I've called them 3 times and never waited and they were most helpful, or as helpful as computer techs get (no offense any one!!!!) But I'll keep my guard up! Thanks!

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Daphne,
We have music note in the
"Sign List".  For example  signs are something like this....¬≫Θ〆∮〓⊃∞ρ∥∬± and more....
We can open the sign list with just
typing " Sign ( KIGOU.. in Japanese)".
Can you pull down your sign list ?

Marie

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA
Kirsten wrote:

Daphne - My husband currently works as a web programer and has offered to look at your site and situation and see if he can help. He loves fiddling with sites

.Email me if you want him  to "fiddle" :D

Oh my goodness!!! I just luv you gals, talk about laugh.........

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh Daphne!

I am SO sorry!!!  I'm VERY behind on posts and just read yours bear_sad  I use Yahoo also.... but my hosting package etc has not changed at all.  I also use their HTML editor, not a program to do my site...  Is there any way you can "get" the HTML code from the Frontpage and just copy and paste it into their HTML editor?

Hope you get sorted out soon!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh:D Big Welcome, Scott!! I'm glad to have a name!

Your looks great--a noble enterprise.

Another noble enterprise Scott's involved in, for those of you who haven't noticed his thread, is finding 10,000 bears for the victims of Katrina!

As for webhosting, I'm just looking into all that, and you guys scare me. It sounds totally confusing, not to mention nervewrackingly unreliable. :(

When the time comes, I'm going to go with Nancy Tillberg's Timberline (I think that's the right name). If anything goes wrong, I know she'll fix it. for anyone thinking of a change, I'd check it out at

http://www.timberlineweb.com/

Eileen

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Laura,

Oh, jeeeees, getting the html from front page... why didn't I think of that?

Well, I already told Yahoo to go take a hike. Now I can't get their tech support number so I can call and tell them to point the server in the right direction so I can start using StartLogic and publish my site. They aren't responding to my emails. Would you  kindly email me their number??

I signed up with Yahoo 5 years ago when they were using Yahoo Web Hosting and Web Console. Now they have a whole new system/server/program and I was one of only a hundred or so left on the 'old' server. Had I not read your posts about Yahoo packages and pricings and said "Hey, I pay more than that for Yahoo and get less!" I would have never known!! Their new server uses UNIX which doesn't jive with a few web design programs like FrontPage 03.

Anyway... still no web site.... I'm getting really annoyed!!!

Daphne

Dilu Posts: 8,574

KIM BASTA

Please tell us about the bear in your avatar......

dilu

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

OK, I quit!
No more website!
Ever, ever, ever!
Why can't this be simple!???

It's 1:00am, I'm bug eyed and I have hardly anything to show but a lousy home page that I can't even get all the background to work on! Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

My dog is sitting here with his chin on my knee falling asleep. I think he's trying to tell me something!

Good night!!
D

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Aw Daphne!

I'm so sorry!  Just read your post (can't sleep)

One of Yahoo's numbers is:  1-866-800-8092  ... if it's the wrong one they usually give you the right one...

chin up...

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

It is all situated now, Mandie - just my homepage where the pics are suppose to change dont....

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Dear "R",

1)  Congratulations on your impending fatherhood.  :)
2)  Thank Kirsten for loaning you out, on our behalf. It's nice to see some new, testosterone-rich blood here.
3)  What do you use?  Because I'm using a silly little program that's effective but limited and am wanting to move to something more sophisticated and really learn html and web design.  I've been hearing:  DreamWeaver.  Would love some additional expert advice; one can never have enough of that.

Thanks, and welcome! bear_laugh

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Mr. Kirsten bear_laugh

Your wife is the sweetest!!

I'm not using any funky forms in FrontPage to warrant the 'troublesome' extensions... all are .htm.
I can't even connect to a server to transfer the files. I get an error message. I've now cancelled my hositng with Yahoo after their techie told me I'd continue to have trouble publishing to their UNIX/LINUX server with Front Page. I signed up with another company that said they supported FP 2003 extensions and then had the same trouble trying to publish. Yes, FrontPage file extensions were activated. THEIR tech support said they had a few other customers have trouble publishing too. So they really DON'T support FrontPage then.

So, the next hosting company I contact via email after reading over their site says they they use a windows server and support Front Page but there is no such thing as extensions in the 2003 version that are different from preceding version. I figured a windows server was the way to go. So, I just tried to open an account with them and it came back with an error: SYSTEM TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE. Emailing their support resulted in "That error message is odd. We've had other new accounts opened today with out a problem. We''ll look into it and get back to you promptly."  (UPDATE: as I was typing this it turns out the credit card processor was offline! Everything is OK and I have hosting. Phew!)

This is going from bad to worse. I'm about to open the skylight window and huck my laptop right out!!!

Shelli - ALL of the techies (5) I've talked to have recommended Dreamweaver. Just in case you wanted to know. One mentioned Adobe Go Live as a second option.

Daphne

Board footer