Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

I'm just wondering if anyone has used the "new" no bake clay  called 
"Makin's Clay" by Greensward Company LTD. I've always used "Fimo" or "Sculpey" and just discovered this clay at a craft store in a city about two hours from my place.I'm sure it is not new to some of you bear_laugh so I was wondering how it compares to the "bake" kinds.I would love to hear of any and all experiences.Thanks girls(oh sorry,and Scott) in advance.

Hugs and blessings,Shari.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Shari, I have used this clay. I have also used many other no-bake clays. I find they are nice, easy to work with but you have to work quick. But I don't really use them unless I'm putting under some apoxie sculpt ( a really hard no bake medium ). I find the no-bake clays just dont have the strength that the other polymers do.
My my 2 cents anyway
Heather

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

I agree with Heather, I have found the non bake clay is not so strong and dries out and becomes brittle over time. Not a good idea to use on bears but great stuff for kids to use.

Jane.

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Thanks girls,I was holding off on doing my eyelids for my "swap" bear because I was afraid that maybe it wouldn't hold up for a life time.

Hugs,Shari.

Board footer