Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Alright...

One more website related thing. :rolleyes:

If you are ever in search of domain registration or hosting STAY AWAY FROM START LOGIC!! :mad:

They are the last hosting company I dealt with. After 5 phone calls/ 5 different techies and numerous emails all giving me a different excuse as to why things didn't work I CANCELLED my account with them. (That was earlier today.)

So, tonight at 9:45pm I get a call from them telling me they figured out my problem, it wasn't on their end of course, and all I needed to do was log back into my account. Why on earth would I want to do that when I have my site & email up and running, took 4 hours with a new company and getting account info changed over and I'm happy. Also have a better package: more space, less money.

This kid started telling me "How much space did you get, we can match that. You only gave us two days to work this out. We'll give you 3 months free" and on and on. 5 minutes later I told him he was badgering me, I didn't appreciate it. As far as I was concerned I'd cancelled my account, was not a customer and wanted nothing more to do with them.

"But you're not giving us a chance to explain!" he says. "We've got your problem resolved, the tech guy spent a couple of hours trouble shooting. We'll give you an extra domain name free." So I said ( mind you I hate confrontations, especially at a time beyond business hours, and get mad real quick!) "Just close my @#%& account, why is that so hard?" :mad:

I get told not to use unprofessional language (by a kid about 20 years old) and then (to prove his age) he hangs up on me! (PLEASE... no offense to you young 'uns out there... some know how to conduct themselves maturely, others don't... you all are angels!! :rolleyes:) So now who's the unprofessional?

I called back to speak to the supervisor. He, of course, defended this kid telling me that's his job. I innocently asked "To badger FORMER customers at bedtime into coming back? Is your business that bad?" What does this supervisor do? Hangs up on me. I guess the truth really hurts. :/

Anyway, hopefully this is the 4th and final part to my website battle.

Now, I had better sell some bears from it right quick to make this all worth it! :P

G'night!
Daphne

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oooh my lord!!!  That is terrible.  I am sick and tired of unproffessional kids!!!  Like when I got YELLED at by a young chef!!! LOL

Just put it behind you and be pleased that you are now rid of them!

Danni

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh Golly  I tried to warn you guys about start logic- 

Hubby hasn't cancelled the account yet, for the same reason even though I'm back to my old hosting place.  Sigh.  He paid a year in advance.  sigh..... bear_rolleyes   Their paperwork states you have 30 days free to begin with and that if you send an e-mail they will be happy to cancel and refund money

I don't have problems with the old place-and I don't know why hubby tried to switch us......double sigh.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Dilu - by the time I read your warning it was too late as I'd just signed up.
I did cancel...2 days after signing up so I should get my year in advance payment refunded. They said it would take 15 days. SIGH!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

:lol::lol:Wow...wish you could cancell for me too :lol::lol:

He will get around to it......someday

dilu

Board footer