Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

I am in the process of redoing my website.  I will have much more space available.  I would appreciate your opinions.  If you go to my site, you will see my home page (still under construction) and I think you can get the idea where I'm heading with this.  Since I am into the antique style bear, I thought I would keep my design along those lines.  I am not too far along though to make changes if needed.  I hope this all makes sense.  Thanks.

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Sorry Millie but i can't access your website the message comes up as url not found!

Penny

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I like it so far!  The navigation buttons on the left are very nice and easy to understand and use.  But get rid of the Latin, would ya, lady? bear_happy

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

What Latin Shelli? I can't see any Latin or am i missing something?

Millie, i think the site will look superdooper when it's finished are you using Dreamweaver? Someone gave me the software but i have'nt had the chance to use it yet and was just wondering if i needed a phd in brain surgery to use it!

Penny

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Ah, Penny, some of the navigation buttons are functioning and you get the usual "Ipsit dolor" Latin filler stuff if you click them; I was just giving Millie/Nina a hard time.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh Millie,

I love the olden tymes look of your website! I think maybe another color behind the text would suit the style of the site better . . . maybe something parchment-ish?

My only other concern is that there are some typos in the Latin :lol:

Eileen

clare14 Country Bears
England

Awww Millie, I can't see it either:(   I'm sure it will be fine and dandy and as soon as I can I will have a good nose......!!

Ohio

Ah, the Latin stumped you all.  Actually, the latin is there until I fill it in with my own doings.  Don't ask me why.

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Hi Millie!

Very nice site - and unique too!  Can't wait to see some of your bears on it!!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Millie , I really like the style of your site too.  I think Eileen had a good idea for a more anitque type color for the background.  It might enhance the overall aged effect.  Can't wait to see the final site !

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

I like it a lot!

Good job
Danni

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'm with the rest of the group . . . I really like the antique ambiance and look forward to when it's finished!

Black Forest Bears Haus of Bears, Inc.
Largo,Florida

I like your site, but, please dont kill me, for my taste it is a bit too busy
I would get rid either of the Clock and put an old fashion Bear there, or get rid of the framed Picture on the right on top.

Rita

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

I like the antique style, but like Rita said I would definitely include more photos of your gorgeous bears in place of the other antique items... maybe you could even place a photo of your bear inside an art frame (like in the top right hand corner)..... 

Great work though :)
Hugs
Catherine

Ohio

Actually, I am trying to replace the framed picture with a picture of one of my bears.  Since I am not too computer literate, it may take a few tries.

Thanks all for your opinions.  I appreciate it much.

teddy_bears_org USA - Florida

Just wandering, do you care if you are in the search engines or not? I notice you are using frames to design the site, these are not search engine friendly. If you could care less about search engines, frames are nice. bear_original

Don't kill me either, I agree a little too busy, to many things going on in the design of your site.. Problem with that, it will take away from the focus, your bears. bear_original

Ohio

I think you are talking about the pictures.  If so, those will not stay the way they are.  I was just experimenting.  I am hoping to get my site up and going on Monday since I have that day off.  I really don't know what I'm doing, I'm just faking it.  I am going through Register.com.  They seem to be very good about helping those of us who need it the most.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I liked it. It fells like  an antique shop in Venice. Love the Bunny, she's a real darling.:)

Board footer