Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

hey guys,

I have a friend who just happened to check out my website and he loved it! He is starting his own plumbing business and wants me to create a website for him.

I don't mind doing it, but I have NO CLUE as to how much to charge him. I'm thinking either charge him money or trade services as my bath/shower could use a fix-up. But 1st I need to know what would be good to charge him. He is a friend, but at the same time it's alot of work and I don't want to do it for free. '
My hubby says the average rate is about $800 for a non-shopping cart website but is that too much? Sure sounds high to me.

Any advice you would have would be greatly appreciated, thank you, thank you, thank you

Donna A Brandon Bears
Fort Worth Texas

I would definately trade web site work for a Beary good plumber.
No only will you get work done on your bathroom but you'll get some great pubilcity.
He'll tell his friends - you Know how GUYS love to show off their newest gadgets !
Donna A.

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Hmmmm good question Heather.  Our web designer charged us $30.00 an hour to build our website, now that was a very straightforward website, no shopping cart or anything like that.  I think in total it took her about 15 hours to do everything.  I have no idea if that was a good price or not  :lol:.

big hugs

Shane

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Hi Heather,

Well, while your webpages are nice, you're not a proffessional.  So, I'm not sure you could charge what a proffessional charges.  They are a lot of work, so I would definatly charge him something, or get some work done!  I guess you'll just have to work out what you would prefer, work done or some $$$$  in your pocket!  I would make it known to him that he is getting a bargain!!! LOL 

Goodluck and let us know how it all goes!
Danni

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Thanks for the advice guys!

I like the idea of charging per hour, but I'm pretty slow so maybe that's not fair.

Danni you are right, I'm no professional and don't feel comfortable charging those prices. Just isn't fair.
Maybe I"ll just see exactly what he wants and get him to fix bathroom!

Thanks again

Board footer