Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi everyone! Friday I was taken into hospital with bad breathing problems. I am asthmatic but the doctors thought I possibly had some more blood clots in my lungs. After a couple of hours in the resuscitation room I was breathing well enough to be sent to a ward. The ward was great but to my dismay they moved me to another ward as it was just a holding ward where patients wait for a bed in other wards. Oh boy I know I'm sounding really mean here but the hospital as usual was short of beds so patients were being sent to any bed available. I ended up in a ward with five old ladies who were not with it at all, bless them. They were all fully incontinent and so the room had rather an awful odor. The ward has three open bays so I could hear patients from the other bays. In the men's bay there was a guy who yelled out a loud groan all day from around 6 am and another elderly man who roamed around preferring the bay that my bed was in and he kept picking up the ladies water jugs and spilling them everywhere. If any of the staff tried to remove him from the bay he would shout out "call the police". I couldn't stand being there any more and as they couldn't find a general ward with a bed for me I came home last night promising to go straight back if my breathing gets any worse. I really feel sorry for the patients in that ward but I can't help felling sorry for myself for having to experience the last four days with them. Not in my character I must say...now I'm feeling really guilty for grumbling like this...poor them...poor me! Pathetic aren't I!  bear_cry

Hugs Jane.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh gosh no!!!!!!!!!  Not pathetic at all.  Gee Jane, I am SO sorry to hear about your troubles.   I'm glad you are home - it must have been very depressing to be in the ward you were in.  Fingers crossed we don't go that way.

Glad to hear you are OK & do look after yourself!
Danni

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Oh dear : I'm so sorry you are not well and you lived such a terrible experience.  :hug:  :hug:
For sure, you are better at your home : I hope you will get better soon ! :hug:  :hug:

dusty attic dusty attic bears
somerset

Sorry to hear you`ve had such a horrible time, I`m glad your feeling better now. bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower
take care of your self. :hug:  :hug:

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

you poor soul Jane, I do hope you are ok now, I can understand how difficult it must have been in the ward, especially when you are not feeling well.

Take it easy, tuck yourself up and keep warm,
Big hugs
Catherine
xx

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_sad Jane, what a miserable experience you've been through--I hope you stay well and out of that hospital!!

I can imagine what a lot of extra stress those poor old dotty dudes must have caused for you.

Sometimes they're on a combination of meds that makes them do odd things. My mother went on a rampage in the hospital once after a bad med combo, and trashed the ward. Her minister did the same thing--cursing like a drunken sailor the whole time!

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Oh, Jane, what an horrible time you must have spent in that hospital.

I will cross my fingers for you and really hope you won't need to go back there before long!

Take care,
Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Yvonne Bebbin Bears
Buckinghamshire
Website

Oh Jane!!!!.............I knew something was wrong, as I've missed you postings on here over the last few days.

So sorry to hear you have been ill....and had such an awful experience in hosptial ( think I know which one!).

I'm sure you are better off at home....and I know your lovely Sarah, will take good care of you!!!

You take care.....lots of love and hugs to you!!!  bear_wub  bear_wub  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Yvonne.  bear_flower

VermontHarvest Vermont Harvest Primitives
Vermont

Jane.  Hello....So sorry to hear of your illness.  I am an asthmatic myself.....it it horrible to deal with sometimes.  Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Take care
Doreen

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Well, another Doodlebear adventure.  As always painted with a colorful brush! bear_wacko

I am so sorry for the breathing problems-that is no fun at all.  I trust you use hand held inhalers?  Hope they didn't put you on the pill form of steroids....ugh!

As for the darlings all around you, right now, well, there really is NO Place Like Home.....and I have it on good authority that your little Doodlekins don't wet themselves at every opportunity so your recuperation will be much more pleasant. bear_original  :dance:

Stress is terribly debilitating when you have asthma, so stay calm and keep breathing. bear_tongue

I remember promising the discharge planner she could have my first born if I could just get out of the blanking hospital.   :twisted:

I later learned, when I ended up working there, that she very nearly took me up on the offer. :crackup: The adolescent years I could have skipped with no pangs of remorse.

Take care of yourself.... bear_flower  bear_wub

gollyhugs
dilu

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Jane, I am so sorry you've not been feeling well.  I will keep you in my prayers.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Awe Jane  ((((((((((((((( :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  bear_wub  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: )))))))))))  What a time you've been having. bear_sad

Take care of yourself and get home to that darling doggie in our avatar photo of you!

Big bear hugs. :hug:  :hug:  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Awww Jane...it's never fun to be in the hospital....you deserve a grumble or two.

Take care of yourself and get better soon.

Hugs

Dilu Posts: 8,574

And, unless you are allergic, some chocolate.

I know that has to help....

In fact, in a show of solidarity, as I have asthma too, I shall have some for you!

gollies are rolling on the floor giggeling...sheesh boy are they goofy!

Get better....hurry....

hugs
dilu

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

You poor girl  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

Are you any better Jane?

Hospitals can be awful places sometimes. How do they expect anyone to get better when they smell of pee and biscuits?

I hope you make a full recovery my dear  bear_wub

Penny x

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Jane, you sweet dear thing.  Who wants to be annoyed and full of anxiety when feeling badly?  That's the time for peace and calm.  I don't blame you for your thoughts and feelings at all. 

Be good to yourself!

:hug:

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Oh Jane, that is just horrible - how did they expect you to get better putting you in a ward like that - especially if stress makes asthma worse!! You have every right to complain! Sounds like you will be much better off at home and I hope you have a very speedy recovery!

bearkidz bearkidz by Marion Fraile
charlotte
Website

bear_noexpression I am sorry to hear that you are not doing well and wish you a speedy recovery.

I am thinking of you and send you my best wishes.

Big bear huggies,

Marion

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Jane,  Glad you are home and hope you are feeling better so you don't have to go back to that place.  I was a respiratory therapist for 10 years (my first career) and I know what you go through with asthma as I treated many asthma patients.  I've also worked at a hospital that sounds like the one you describe.  I don't blame you for complaining or getting straight out of there, icky, P.U. ! ! !   Doesn't sound very sanitary either. 

So, stay well ! ! ! !     bear_flower  :hug:

clare14 Country Bears
England

Awww Jane you poor thing   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:   Hope these hugs make you feel better   bear_wub  bear_wub    You take care of yourself won't you?   :hug:

The poor hospital staff, what they have to put up with - I feel like popping down to my local and taking them some nose pegs, bless them!!

One more for luck .....  :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh goodness, Jane . . . what an ordeal you've been through!  I hope being home will speed your recovery - so sorry you've been ill.  Take care, my friend.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

WoW !! I am glad you are home. Take care of your self , you don't want to end up back there again . Take it easy.

animated1161.gif

beary_clairey Luton

Oh Jane - as a fellow asthmatic I knwo how distressing it can be when you can't breathe!!

Your not moaning at all - I would also have promised the world to anyone who would have got me out of that ward. It sounded like it was a real trial.

Bless them - I know its not their fault but it you must have felt very alone!!!

Anyone just don't be tempted to do things while you are at home and take it easy!!!

What hospital was it ???

Hugs

Claire

Kathleen Pa

Sending a big healthy bear hug :hug:  Hope you are feeling better soon bear_flower

Kathleen

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:hug: Oh Jane, you take very, very good care of yourself!   :hug:  Please get plenty of rest, and drink lots of warm fluids. 

Sending my best healing vibes your way  :hug:

Board footer