Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Tinat19 Posts: 2

Hi, im real curious about how to have the muzzle different colour!! bear_shocked
I see many bears that have a different muzzle colour to the rest of the face and body.
Is this done by another peice of fabric or dyed or something?? thanks  bear_original

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

The most common way of adding a different colour muzzle is slicing the muzzle off the pattern adding a seam allowance and cutting the material from a different colour.

People can also shade/paint the muzzle depending on the fur colour and others needle felt a muzzle on.  Hope this elps!

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

AdArdenOut.jpgHi there!  Yes, mine are done just the way that Bronwen described above.  Cut the muzzle off the side head piece, then add on a seam allowence along each of the new cut edges.  If you want the upper nose area to also be a different color, you can cut off a triangular piece of the gusset....  sort of from the area where it curves in near the eyes, and extending to a point (or a rounded curve) near the forhead area. Again, you have to remember to add in a new seam allowence along both of your new cut edges.  Hope this helps!

suzanne.artist Suzanne Urban Designs SG Studio
Connecticut
Website

This is much easier when done with needlefelting.P1010029.JPG

Suzanne in CT
www.odact.org

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Very cute Suzanne - welcome to the TT forum. You should be posting in our Needle Felting category!!

Bobbie

Japhe Japhe's Bears
UK

I just recently started doing this and slice mine as well, Although mine is a little more than just the muzzle. I have done only 3 bears like this so far but love the way they came so much I am going to do loads more.

kimeee10.jpg

Tinat19 Posts: 2

bear_laugh Thanks alot!!! i want to try it too now,,,but i dont want to make it ugly  bear_sad  haha maybe i will leave that to later!!

Board footer