Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

momanimallover Taber, Alberta

I didn't know if I should post this under general or bear hugs bear_ermm  i just have to vent. Monday started off at 8:00 am with kids pounding on my window yelling " A kid just hit your truck and he took off and we know who he is!" You see, I live by 2 schools, one is an elementary school and the other one is a high school. This kid apparently went to the high school to talk to his girlfriend ( he wasn't supposed to be anywhere near the school) and they had a fight, so he took off in a rage, blew the stop sign, turned the corner and lost control, well just guess who's truck was sitting by the curb???? Mine if course!! He was driving a truck also so the impact wasn't pretty, and then took off from the scene. He could of killed a kid! Anyways, they caught him and now I'm driving a rental til mine is fixed.
Later on that day, I took Dakota for a walk and there was a little girl I'd say around 6 or 7 yrs. old with her dog on the same sidewalk so we had to walk by, her dog out of the blue ran up to my dog and tried biting Dakota's face bear_shocked Why would any parents allow a small girl like that to walk a dog that's aggressive towards other dogs?? I mean, this poor little girl was trying so hard to to hang on to the leash. I got Dakota settled down and to sit and then told the girl to go home now. I have to say Dakota handled herself well (she'll find the good in any dog bear_rolleyes ) Not a very good day

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

Oh Brenda, what a rotten start to the week! On the bright side though, it sounds like you're getting somewhere with Dakota's training! :clap:  :clap:  :clap: Well done for getting the situation under control before someone was hurt!

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears

Oh Brenda what a rotten day. But Linda is right. Dakota sounds like a star. Has to get better from here :hug:

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

:hug:  Hopefully it will get better soon.

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh my gosh Brenda!!!  Sounds like it's time to go back to bed  bear_wacko

2catkiss LALand Bears
Oregon

Hi Brenda
I HATE it when that happens !!!
My husband has worked for years and years and finally bought his "dream car", a little two seater convertible, only to be smacked at high speed, rear ended by a teenager who was talking on her cell phone.
I know we all give thanks when we're not hurt, only the property damage....but still...it'll never be quite the same and his "baby" got damaged.   Hope the days since have been much better !!
Sounds like you have a really wonderful dog  bear_original
Take care
Lee Ann

It just seems we are always a target bear_ermm ah well, nothing can be done about it, and Lee Ann, always teenagers isn't it?? I think they should bring the strap back into the school system, and I did get it too, thought twice about my actions the next time or was there a next time? bear_whistle
Dakota is coming along quite well, she'll be 1 year on June 12th. We are still working on some bad habits like jumping on people, playing too rough with us and trying to control her happiness meeting other dogs (except the one on Monday, she never got a chance to greet him) but her loving nature is keeping me sane, she plays head games to and can be so stubborn!! she's a breeze to bath though, she loves the water bear_original  good thing cause I can't lift her in the tub

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hope things are better now, Brenda . . . sorry about the truck, though.  Your dog is gorgeous!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Thanks SueAnn, I thought the truck was pretty nice too bear_happy

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

Brenda, maybe it's because my daughter has a terminal illness that I read through your Bad Day description and could only see things that you could be grateful for: The angry young man did not hurt himself or anyone else, he got caught and will have to suffer the consequences of his poor judgment .....these are all things that were out of our control.

On the bright side you have a wonderful dog who listened to you when you asked her to and your truck can be repaired.

One thing I know for sure is that life isn't fair ... although it isn't always easy to find the positive perspective every time I rush my daughter to the ER coughing up blood... for my daughter's sake I always make the effort.  So don't let one bad day get you down, your truck will be fixed and "tomorrow" usually gives us a better day...at least eventually.

bear_thumb
Kathy

you are so right Kathy ( you must have to be so strong to be going through what you and your family must be feeling) The first thing I thought of after the accident was thank god no one was killed. There is still no cops around these schools and I even said that out loud after the whole thing, still spinning their tires and speeding. One day there will be a fatal accident

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

Brenda...I totally understand your concern....maybe I can offer a suggestion:

When I was a young adult in the 60's  I was an activist...and I guess I still am. I tend to get overly involved. I live near a school and if I had an issue with what was going on with students at that school I would first go and talk the to head of that school to see what they could do. If I was not happy with their answer then I would keep going up the list ... police, government. I'm one of those "squeaky wheel" people ... sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't but if you wait for someone else to solve the problem it may not get solved.

LOL! A few years ago my daughter was going through some old papers in a drawer and she came to me with a look of surprise and asked me why I had so many letters from the "White House". And I told her it was because over the years I would write different  Presidents about an issue that I thought needed attention and someone in the White House always sends a "thank you for you opinion" form letter back. I'm sure my name has been on the White House's Watch List for decades.  :crackup:

bear_flower
Kathy

Board footer