Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

I am hoping someone here can tell me the difference between viscose and velboa.  I am familiar with viscose (long pile rayon) and have used it in the past.  Also does anyone have a good source for either or both?
Thanks for any help,
Donna

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Donna - I've only seen velboa in a very short, dense velvty pile, unlike viscose which comes in all lenghts and velboa is 100% polyester instead of rayon. Good source for either.....????? Sorry, not much help there!

Burbank, CA

So the velboa is more like a cashmere?
Donna

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Well, Beanie Babies are made from it.... its also used in an even shorter pile and printed on for upholstery fabric. It's used for pet toys, baby toys, car seat covers, sleeping bags....

Folkmanis uses it for some of their puppets:
hippo2360.jpg

If you search Google Images you'll find lots of pictures of products made with it.  bear_original

puca bears puca bears

Donna
I recently bought some gorgeous faux fur from an English company.......also ordered a full set of swatches, and they have velboa.........you can check them out on www.fauxthrow.com     
huggies
Maria

Burbank, CA

Thanks Maria,
I am not sure that they have what I am looking for, but I ordered the sample swatches and ordered several of their fabrics.  I had looked at their site in the past but had forgotten about them with my current search.
Donna

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow
puca bears wrote:

I recently bought some gorgeous faux fur from an English company.......also ordered a full set of swatches, and they have velboa.........you can check them out on www.fauxthrow.com

I'd got them bookmarked to get some swatches because I thought they looked good, I'll definitely order some now if you think they're nice, thanks  bear_original

puca bears puca bears

Glad to be of help, Donna and Katy! I'm rather in LOVE with their "coyote" - and wondering if I can make some spare time(!) and make myself a winter jacket.........
huggies
Maria

Board footer