Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

I know Melissa already posted this but I'm posting it AGAIN!  Those of us who use and love Morning Glory stuffing want it back on our Walmart shelves.  Yes, we can order it from other places but it nearly doubles the price.  PLEASE, please, please, write a letter to Walmart asking them to stock Morning Glory polyfill and cluster stuff in their stores.  Email the letter to jane.e.smith@carpenter.com.  She will be meeting with the craft buyers of Walmart next week and will hand deliver your letter.  As of today, they only had 100 letters to take.  We need many more than that to get Walmart's attention.  The deadline is 8/22.   I WANT MY MORNING GLORY BACK!!! 

Hugs,
Alison

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

I'm replying to my own post to keep it on the top!   bear_grin I'm so desperate for my Morning Glory.  Write those letters ladies and gents!

Hugs,
Alison

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Bump for you, I'd hate to think of you with loads of little empty bear shells  bear_laugh

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

Katy ~ That's what I should have done, left my last bear unstuffed and took some really pathetic pictures.  Maybe that would get more letters written.  For those of you who want to write a letter, but don't quite know what to say, I have copied my letter below.   

Walmart Buyers,

I am writing to you in hopes that you will once again, stock Morning Glory fiberfill products in your stores. 

I am a designer of collectible teddy bears and other stuffed animals.  This has been my occupation for the past 10 years.  And, in those 10 years, I have always purchased Morning Glory polyester fiberfill and Morning Glory Cluster Stuff from my local Walmart stores.   That is until Walmart, national wide, discontinued the product.   I have tried other brands of stuffing, including Fairfield, the brand you now stock.  Morning Glory works the best for my creations.  The regular fiberfill, packs firmly in the heads so I can embroider the nose.  The Cluster Stuff is wonderful for stuffing the tummies for a cuddly feel.  Fairfield is to slippery and pops right back out of the stuffing holes.  You cannot get the firmness you need for a collectible teddy bear.  I'm sure that Fairfield has its applications, but I simply cannot use it in my line of work.

I would challenge the buyers for the craft department of Walmart to obtain several different polyester stuffing samples from various companies.  You will note that all polyfill is not created equal.  Some will have longer fibers, others shorter.  Some will feel very slippery and slick due to coatings.  Others will feel quite dry.  In ten years of creating, I have not come across another product that is comparable to Morning Glory.  Morning Glory has always been the most affordable and the best quality polyester fiber fill.  I loved the convenience of buying it from my local Walmart store in the 5 pound box and loved the bags of Cluster Stuff.  Please return Morning Glory products to your store shelves!

Sincerely,
Alison McKee

SillySu Susie's Bears
California
Website

I hope that works....worry, but I missed your deadline, I was at a bear show!  I have had no luck getting Walmart to give a crap about craft supplies.  I've called, emailed and written letters.  They are polite but do not change their policies or they haven't at least.  That's not how it was years ago though...I guess when Sam Walton died, so did customer service...

Board footer