Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Ivyworks Ivyworks Artistry
Ottawa, Ontario

Hi Again, I've yet another question and I'm yelling for help. I'm trying to make an elephant for my other aunt (I come from a big family, lol), and so far it's not going so well. I'm making it out of a very short pile mini fabric, and I've tried to do a 2 piece head using a pre-existing pattern of mine which had disastrous results. The trunk stuck out at an odd angle, was impossible to stuff, and the head looked very tiny and flattened. I'm considering doing a 3 piece head, including a gusset that ends in a V shape, as I see on many of the other elephants. Any help I could get as far as tips for designing the head or suggestions, throw 'em at me, I'm all ears! Thanks very much!  bear_original

Shannon

MadScientwist Posts: 65

I just made my first elephant...I actually used my bear head pattern but edited it, it gave me a good starting point. So I just took the two side head pieces and made a trunk at the nose and for the gusset I just took off the nose piece...it actually worked out really well! I'll post pics when I am done her!

eatcakevintage Eat Cake! bears and vintage
Ormond Beach, FL

I have made them with a gusset but just made a new pattern without a gusset and I think it is better. It has two front pieces and two back pieces.

Board footer