Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I had hangtags custom printed from a design that closely matches my business card in terms of color, logo used, paper, etc.  I handwrite the specific details of each bear... add a photo of the piece... and sign my name, before laminating the entire thing, folding it in half, and threading it with crochet yarn for attachment at the right wrist.

What, if anything do YOU use for a hangtag?

Jill West Palm Beach, FL

Shelli -  What is the approx. measurement of your hangtag?  I have been experimenting, but it seems rather large.

Jill

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Once folded closed they measure about 2x2 inches.  I'll try to remember to snap a photo and post it here next time I make one!

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Hello. I have wooden tags. I get my dad to cut them out and drill the holes for my hessian or leather thong to go through. I then use an ink stamp design one side and write on the other.

shazanne bears Posts: 1

I would like to know if when inserting a wag shaft that makes the head tilt and turn,along with a music box, is this in place of a normal joint.

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

Yes it replaces the regular joint.
Not sure how you posted it in this subject Under Tips and Techniques you should of posted a new topic. I see you are new here. Are you new at bear making?

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

I bought some really nice handmade scapbooking thank-you cards and then I print out a saved template with the appropriate bear piccie and info and glue it inside the card.....

enchantmentsart Feather Heart Creations
TX

I had my husband (he's a graphic artist) design a hang tag for me & then I print it out on shrink plastic (like shrinky dinks) it starts about the size of a business card and gets about 50% smaller or I make really tiny ones for mini bears.  They almost end up looking like a charm or pendent more than a hang tag LOL

Rasa's Cozy Corner Rasa's Cozy Corner
Haarlem

How I tag my bears? - I make for them a traveller passport bear_original  I make some kind of book where I print all information in two languages - from what material bear is made, size, who made etc.. It looks like that:

7ce9d8cffac045472e7f3dd4cd62bf0e541.jpg
aef291abdce7ce3bf83d2e6dd07daddf123.jpg

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website
Rasa wrote:

How I tag my bears? - I make for them a traveller passport

I think your idea is a very creative one, and the passport could be displayed with the bear. (I can't wait to see mine!  bear_original )

Becky

Rasa's Cozy Corner Rasa's Cozy Corner
Haarlem

Thank you, Becky. She is on the way bear_original and really has the same kind of passport bear_original

Board footer