Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Well, I have agreed to step in and take over a two day bearmaking class at the San Jose Convention.   I want to do some fun stuff during the class to keep them motivated and moving forward.  A good portion of the class tend to talk alot and not get their bears finished.  My husband suggested that I do something like a murder mystery with them only change it to be bear related.  I liked the idea but thought it might distract them from working on their bears.  I used to play pirate bingo and thought I would do a version of that with them.  My thought was that I would put a note inside of everyone's bear head that told them to go get a goodie bag when they got to the point of turning their head right side out.  Now I am stuck as to how to get them to be able to take someone else's goodie bag.  I want to have them rest their hands every twenty minutes and thought that this would be a good excuse to stop for a few minutes.  My first thought was to put notes inside all the body parts but I am guessing that we will just get the head done on the first day and I don't want to make them bring back their bags for the second day.  Drawing their names out of a hat does not seem real exciting.   I thought about doing it where the first one to finish stuffing the head or finish the nose would get to steal a goodie bag, but we have a new person in the class and I am afraid that won't be fair to her.  I am still open to the murder mystery idea for the second day also.  I was thinking the characters in the mystery would be the class members.  Maybe the second day the clues could be inside the body parts.  Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.  I want to make this a fun time for them since they are not getting the class they originally signed up to take.
Thanks,
Donna

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh Donna,

I wish I was going to be taking your class....it is sounding like so much fun!

k020.gif

Board footer