Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

K Pawz Guest

just wondering if I am technically allowed to sell previously purchased bear patterns on eBay, I have seen some on there, but am unsure of what the copyright laws are regarding this....I have a bunch of them that i will not be using, and would love to sell them, but could somebody let me know if this is legal to do.....Thanks in advance everyone...

Hugs,
Krista

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Krista, if you bought a pattern from ebay you should be able to resell it.  I don't see why not. You're not infringing on any copyright by selling.  BUT, if you made a bear from a copyrighted pattern...then you cannot sell it.

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

Krista,
I would think you could provided you state that they are not your design patterns.  Patterns for sale by varies artists. I have some as well that I bought when I first started making bears and then found that I was designing my own patterns and never used the bought patterns.  I have seen other patterns on there for sale by others.
Lynn

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

I don't see why you couldn't...afterall my aunties and cousins swapped, bought and sold patterns for clothes all the time.  Just as Judy says, as long you make sure clearly that you tell people its NOT your pattern, and that your not selling a bear made from the pattern, there's no reason why you couldn't resell it.   bear_thumb

K Pawz Guest

thanks Judi and Lynn, I have a bunch that I bought before I started bear designing and have no use for them now that I am designing my own, so I guess I will put them up...I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't breaking any laws by doing this....

Hugs,
Krista

clare14 Country Bears
England

Hey Krista!!

I've sold loads of bought patterns on ebay.  I bought them, stored them, admired the pic then sold them again as obviously I don't need them!!   There are always lots for sale on ebay.   I sometimes buy them now if they have a clothes pattern with them, I don't need the bear pattern, but like to 'get my head round' a clothes pattern, wish I'd learned dressmaking!!  I always sell them on when I've picked up the idea!!

Hope this helps!!   :hug:

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

There shouldn't be any problem, as long as you haven't photocopied them to re-sell.

Jane P.

sarahjane Brisbane

Krista Thank you for asking that question...I've often wondered the same thing myself!!!!  bear_original

K Pawz Guest

thank you so much everybody, I am glad that i can sell these...I feel that i have spent so much money on them and now for them to just sit around and not get used is terrible.....

Hugs,
Krista

Board footer