Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Dani, I just used copy and paste to move text from a word document into my TT response. If there's another way, I don't know what it is!

bear_original Shelli, the best magnets for this purpose would probably be rare-earth magnets, which you can buy at www.LeeValleyTools.com.

They're super strong, but only on contact, and their strength diminishes with distance. They're disk-shaped, and come in several sizes, the smallest being 1/4" diameter and 1/10" thick.

bear_original Judi, I can't wait to see the results of your experiment with locline!

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

Well, I tossed the idea to my husband and he gathered a few items from his job and came up with this. Granted that it is totally miss-sized and made from a welding rod   bear_tongue  He also said that I would have to use lock nuts so that it will not screw loose. ... It's a start  bear_whistle
jaw1.jpg

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Very cool Roxanne.  I was thinkng more about this this moring and I think perhaps it is much easier that we all thought.  I am going to try it with a wire...very much like you show in the above photo.  Just a wire, all in one unit,  attached to the upper and lower jaw, not just placed inside but actually attached.    I think this would work. bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Hi ladies:
That is a great idea! I have done this type of jaw but with , belive it or not, pipe cleaners. It not attache but, you can position the the mouth in deferent ways.
Thanks for sharing Roxanne.
Bear hugs.
Gladys

CatS & F(u)riends by Dani CatS & F(u)riends
Dieburg

Thank you Eileen. I will copy the text into here when finished.  :photo:

Just another question to those who are interested in the workshop: Would you like to get the whole workshop translated or chapter 4 only, where it is discribted how to make the mouth open and close?

Beary regards,  :hug:

Dani

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Great minds think alike, I've been pondering that question for a few months now

I've mede onlye 1 open mouth bear before but I was wondering abuot this too! bear_smile 

You all are so clever  !!! :clap: 

I just sent a e-mail to "TOY" and ask about how he or she create the jointed-open mouth.
If I recieve any message from them I will
let you all know.

Hugs/Marie

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Yes, Dani, if you find the time and don't mind!

bear_original Good for you, Marie--I hope you get a reply.

Board footer