Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

I cannot manage to convince myself i may still have hope to get that researcher position.
I was not happy with the written exam: I did not do that well...
Tomorrow will be the spoken exam.
When I looked at what was asked last year, I noticed that this exam looks more like an interview: 5 to 10 minutes to convince you are the one they should choose! and then answer questions from the jury...

So i need to get prepared to convince them they must choose me!!! But how???? Knowing there are at least two candidates who were working on that same research subject in that same lab, and that maybe there are other candidates who may have worked on that subject too... my chances are not big!
But I may be the only crazy one who LOVES spending hours on the microscope. I doubt that would make the difference though. and how could they know i am not cheating? They don't know me enough to be aware I am very bad at lying and cheating!!!  bear_wacko  bear_wacko

A chance I can speak loudly, because my interview (let's call it an interview, after all!) may be the last one of the day or almost... as it is at 5:00 pm. I may try to make them laugh if they look in a good mood... Knowing myself, I may make them laugh without aiming to! But honnestly, it may be the only way to conduct that interview to avoid playing Calimero or Cosette! Humor against sadness...
I will have to be careful not to give them the stick they'd use to beat me! I often do it...  bear_whistle And that's very bad for me!  bear_angry

So my dear friends, i need you one more time to cross all your fingers for me from 5:00 pm tomorrow afternoon (the French time) to 6:00 pm, lets say in case they are late.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

PS: I am writting in a note book whatever I think will be important to say tomorrow during my interview.

huggleybear C.W. Huggley Bears
Statham, GA

Sophie,

My fingers are crossed for you and I will say a prayer.  Just take deep breathes to relax and be yourself. bear_grin

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Good luck Sophie. Remember to remind them you can bring a fresh mind and perspective to the project, it could be what they are after, not the ones who have already been there. bear_thumb

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Thanks, girls!
Actually, I cannot say I feel stressed about this exam.
I worry more about the risk of missing my train tomorrow evening, as it will leave Paris at 7:05 pm. It will be fine if the interviews are not belated, but that's not sure! and I cannot exchange that train ticket!

Oh, well, let's wait and see! Life is a constant challenge!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Our Dear Darling Sophie

You are intelligent, well read, and have worked very hard to get where you are.

But before you talk yourself out of a position remember how difficult things are in your country right now in regards to jobs.

In the states jobs HAVE TO BE POSTED even if the job has already been decided to go to someone in trhe company.

The same situation could be true with this job.

Trust that your honesty, guilessness, and perserverance show through along with the skills necessary for this job. 

I will be praying for you, Love, and hoping only the best blessings for you.

So 'Courage Camille' and all you can do is give this your best shot.  All the gollies are rooting for you too!

246.png

knuffelbear Claudia's Knuffelbaeren
Heinsberg

GOOD LUCK Sophie!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
My fingers are crossed for you!!!!!!

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Oh, Dilu!

Thank you so much for your kind words!
You are such a sweetie! such a nice lady!

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Big, huge wishes are going out to you, Sophie, for good luck with the interview.  How could they not give the job to such a nice, intelligent, charming person as you are??!!!

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Sophie... you'll do great! 

amanda... i was going to say EXACTLY the same thing  bear_wub  .... Sohpie... I think that's a VERY important point to make!  You can bring a new perspective to whatever they have been working on... someone who might see things in a slightly different light based upon your own training and experience & can inject that freshness into the group! 
Fingers crossed!   :pray:

Kim Basta
Widl Thyme Originals

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Sophie,
Wishing you the best.  My husband was hired in as an outsider because they wanted someone with a different view to the project.  Will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you.
Donna

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Sophie, I'll be thinking of you! I haven't chatted last week, but I'm still here. I keep all my fingers and toes crossed and I know you will do the best you can. There loss if they don't choose you. I'll try chatting again soon!  bear_wub  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original I'll be cheering for you too, Sophie (I'll bet the other two don't make bears)! :hug:

I've been coaching a few 20-somethings on being interviewed. I know what you mean about the stick they could use to beat you!!

If you're asked what you think is your greatest weakness, for example, name something that would actually be a positive quality from the company's point of view . . . such as your dedication to the microscope, or attention to detail that sometimes annoys your lab partners, or anything that you might be criticized for, but that you think is actually a virtue!

When interviewers ask you about your weaknesses, they're not necessariily looking for flaws in your knowledge or skills, but for your reactions toward criticism from others, how you feel about mistakes you might have made (these are learning experiences) and how you handle pressure.

I hope you get this position (fingers crossed), but even if you don't, you can use what you've learned for the next interview! You have to be right for a job, but the job also has to be right for you bear_thumb

Mitch2052 Blue Valley Bears
Website

Dear Sophie,
Wishing you all the very best for your interview and hope it turns out in your favour.
bear_flower
Cheers Susan

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Ohh GOOD LUCK sophie!!!!!! will be thinking of you sweetie  bear_thumb  bear_grin

Dilu Posts: 8,574

It's 5:32 pm PST  thinking of you Sophie, with hugs and love and crossed eyes and fingers!

386.png

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Good luck Sophie!!! 

xo Sarah

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Wishing you the very best of luck, Sophie.
I hope that the interview goes very well for you.

Hugs
Carolyn

bear_flower

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

7h45 to wait before my interview...

Keep your fingers crossed!

Thanks for your support!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

MY fingers legs arms feet eyes are all crossed for you.
Is there anything else I can help you with possum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sophie, you just be the very best YOU that you can be. If they dont see that, then they are blind. :hug:
Wendy :hug:

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Good luck Sophie!  Fingers, toes and eyes crossed (except for when I'm driving LOL!)

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

Good luck.... Sophie

Board footer