Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I just sold two items and before I could send an invoice with a price reduction because I was offering free shipping with buy it now, they ALREADY paid the full price with shipping!!! What should I do??? HELP! I NEVER had this happen before so I dunno what to do!

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

Hi,
I think that can work both ways! I just got a bear from e-bay on the buy it now plan....then I saw on her web-site that bear was 25.00 more...so I accidentally saved some money. I would have paid either price....as long as I was that bears mommy!!!
Maybe you can offer a credit towards the next purchase of a bear from you?!?
  JeannieB bear_original

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Kim I assume they paid through paypal so you can just send a refund to their paypal address.  There is a tab at the top of the paypal main page that says "send money". Click that and enter in the requested info.  It's easy.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

yeah Kim.

I've had sellers refund me like that. If anything, it makes you look llike a super honest seller, and no-one can resist that!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

I would personally send a refund of the postage.  There's an option when you go into view payment payment details to refund part or the full payment - that way your buyer doesn't need to pay fees on the refund.

Hope this helps!
Danni

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Why don't people wait for the invoice??? ARRGH!!! So it will cost them money to get their refund then!  :doh:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

OH, Danni, you must've been typing as I was LOL... I will have to check it out...

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Thanks girls, and Danni, thank you for the tip!  I didn't know you could do a partial refund through paypal!!! I feel much better now  :hug:  :hug:

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Hi Kim,

just some thoughts from my ebay experience. When I know the shipping cost with buy it now I pay immediately. It makes me a super buyer and has gotten me tons of excellent feedback for speedy payment. Many sellers don't even send invoices with buy it now, some not even with regular auctions. I often have to request the total. I do that in any case if I only got a quote on shipping costs, as most people get it wrong, usually too much, and few are as honest as you Kim and refund shipping costs. Then there are the auctions which send automatic invoices with domestic postage, while I always buy international (no sellers here in Sweden). There may or may not be following a second invoice with international shipping costs. So I never know how long to wait for the correct invoice anyway and either pay immediately or email asking for the total.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Kim that is very nice of you to be concerned.   bear_flower   Like the others have already said, I do belive you can sne dthem a refund amount thru paypal.  Such kindeness is lovely bear_thumb  :hug:  bear_wub   After all it's the little things that mean so much.

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Kim, I've done that before too...refunded.  I've also refunded when I've overcharged shipping...I mean by more than a few $$.  When I first started selling on Ebay I sold some of my old vintage glassware and hadn't gotten the hang of how much to  charge...several times I way under charged and of course had to  just eat the cost but I also overcharged and offered a refund of the difference.  It's amazing how appreciative people are when you offer that to them.

Good Luck...

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Kim as a collector myself, I would be thrilled to be given a credit toward a next perchace or a break in the price.  It is very sweet of you to be concerned Trust me on that! :hug:

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

So it will cost them money to get their refund then!

I believe that only Business/Premier acct pay fees like that. Mine can accept $$ w/o charge but I pay a certain percentage to Send Money, whether to a business or a private eBay/Paypal member.

Board footer