Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

I want to needle felt little toes on a 6" critter.  I don't want to trim away the mohair from where the toes will be so that when it is finished it will have these little toes just peeking out through the mohair.  First I tried tracing where I wanted the toes to be.  The color ran and I have more color on the paws than I want.  I tried eyeballing where I wanted the toes but I am more comfortable with a guideline.  So the next was to tack felt circles to the mohair and needlefelt over that.  Now I want to be lazy and put a dab of Magna-Tac on each felt circle and glue them to the mohair.  Will the glue cause trouble when I try to needle felt through the felt, glue and mohair?  These toes are the size of a regular paper hole punch.
Thanks for any help.
Donna

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears
Donna wrote:

These toes are the size of a regular paper hole punch.
Donna

Good grief - I really would need to change my glasses.   :crackup:

Pics  please  - I'd like to see. :photo:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

DSC02007-2.JPG

hI dONNA,

I love Magna Tac!  It is fab glue

It's also a bear to try and needle felt through....I have broken several needles and cursed myself...

you might be better off doing some stay stitches to hold the toes in place....and then needle felt....

Below the right foot was glued-big mistake and the left foot tacked....you can't tell but I know....yuck.

But I still think magnatac is fantastic glue.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Donna, I just use  quilters pins. I just needle felt around it until it is in placce remove it and carry on.
And dont under estimate that wee stitch to hold them on. bear_grin  bear_grin

Dilu, luv those tootsies!!

Wendy

purelyneysa Purely Neysa
Indiana, PA
Website

Glue and felting.... needles break too easily.

I like the pin idea, Start your toe pad on your foam work base. With your needle and a small amount of batt tack it to the foam just needling it in once. twirl or wrap the batt around the needle (using the needle) and poke it into the foam. Do this a few times and you have the start to a toe paw. Then atach it to the bear and continue felting. Make sense??? Neysa

Board footer