Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

Joey-for-TT.jpgI just received an email from the lady whom I thought had made the winning bid on Joey, my latest ebay bear.  She said her passwords had been hacked into and they had placed thousands of dollars of false bids all over ebay in her name.  So now I have to figure out how to get my fees back from ebay, and relist poor little Joey.  What a mess!!!

Jane P.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA
matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

What an absolute pain :hug:

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

I have never used eBay - but when I read things like this and the aggravation and disappointment it causes to all concerned - I doubt if I will.

I'm so sorry Jane.  Why is it that when people cause havoc its the innocent. hardworking victims that have to 'clean up the mess'. That poor Lady who has had her identity stolen so to speak - having to explain to everyone what has happened.  How does she go on in the future when she makes a legitimate bid?
Can/will eBay do anything to trace the perpetrators?

Could someone please explain to me what satisfaction they get????????????

Get a life you people!!!!!!!!

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Oh how disappointing Jane! You have to wonder why anone would do something like that! Good luck getting it all sorted out and with your relisting.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Wow, that sucks. For both of you, you thought you sold a bear, she's going to have to spend a long time cleaing that mess up. I'm sure Ebay won't be much help to her.

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

I am really hoping it has not just happened again!  My latest bear Olivia sold with a BIN, but the ID is brand new, and sounds suspicious, as well as the address number being #123
I will be some ticked off if it is.  I think they are going around to all BIN auctions and creating havoc!  But maybe I am just a little sensitive right now, and it will be OK.
Here's hoping!

Jane P.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_sad I'm so sorry, Jane that this happened to you, and to poor precious little Joey :hug:

It's possible that your 'buyer' answered one of those spoof emails and thus opened herself to hackers.

In any case, I hope it's all cleared up soon. Tell Joey that being relisted is not his fault. He's just so beautiful that some extremely wicked people picked him out as a sure money-maker.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Boy really sorry !! And what a wonderful bear !! I just don't know, just don't know !!! ummmmmmmmmmmm bear_ermm

Jodi Falk

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Jane,

I am so sorry that this has happened to your dear little Bear, Joey.

I really hope that you can get this sorted and best of luck with future auctions.

hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Hi Jane,

That is bad - it is always a pain. I hope you get your fees back!  That poor other lady too! What a mess endeed!
you bear is lovely and he will do well I am sure. For real that is.  bear_original

good luck hon

kassie

Board footer