Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

bunble-kiss-250pix.jpg

Eileen,

So sorry to hear of your loss. Some of my best friends have been furry ones. As long as you remember they are never really gone so they say . But we do miss them . The unconditional love they bring. You don't get that from a human !!! Hang in there We at TT love you , even thought we are not furry .... well at least some of us  bear_grin

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:hug: Thank you everyone for your kind and comforting words! :hug:

You lovely Teddy-Talkers are the best medicine ever!

I had a good long weep in the park yesterday afternoon, walking through Lucy's old haunts with Dana and Bear, and remembering all her enchanting little doggie quirks.

Bear and Dana certainly knew Lucy was dying, and kept a close watch on her last minutes at home.  Every time she whimpered, Bear would start his low howl, and Dana would go into her woofing chorus. It was almost ceremonial. They seemed to be seeing her off.

We set out for the emergency vet clinic right away. By the time we got there she was still moaning, but her pupils were no longer responding to light. Once the vet administered the anaesthetic, her great heart stopped almost immediately.

It was so painful to lose this sweet soul, but I keep reminding myself that it was so much worse to see her suffer.

:hug:  :hug: Thank you again for all your wisdom and understanding! :hug:  :hug:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Eileen honey I am so sorry... :hug:  :hug:  :hug: Your poor other pooches...it makes me cry that they are so sad too....hugest hugs from me  :hug:

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

Lucy was so fortunate that you were there for her at the end. You did her a great service and paid back all those years of loving.

Marion

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Eileen,

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved Lucy!  We have a Lucy here too, a little black border collie mix.  She sends wags and kisses your way, and big hugs from us  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Best wishes,
Kelly

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

MY heart goes out to you..............

I lost my little chap  almost a month ago. I was devastated - I lost one stone in weight in two weeks, I wasn't  thriving.  Its absolutely awful.  Although I have two new little treasures - he will never be forgotten - he helped me so much - but sadly his work was done here.

Lucy will always remain in your minds eye - and you did the last thing you could for her - stop her pain.

She will be waiting for you by the Rainbow Bridge - I cling on to that thought myself - there will be fourteen others there - all fit and well - waiting just for me. What a reunion that will be.......................

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Eileen,
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I'm thinking of you :hug:

:hug:
~Chrissi

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh Eileen I am so sorry!!!!   It's VERY hard, I know!  I think many of us are closer emotionally to our pets than we are to many people...

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Oh Eileen! Oh Hon I am so very sorry for your loss! We are faced with the same situation any time now with our little Dalmation Michah. She is 13 years old and has cancer. My heart goes out to you as I know exactly what you are feeling.

I believe these little guys are little angels sent from God to us to keep us safe and to remind us what love is and what love in it's purest form can be.! I wish I was near to you so I could wrap my arms around you and give you the biggest hug! I also have a very good shoulder! If ever you need to talk just let me know.

All our love Hon and Lucy is smiling down on you and lapping up your tears!

Hugs and Love Louise and Garnet

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

I am sorry to hear of your loss Eileen.At least you have the thought that you gave her 16 happy years.
We nearly lost our 6 year old irish setter just before xmas with a twisted stomach.Our doberman woke us in the middle of the night whining and he wouldn't shut up.We called the vet and they said to keep an eye on him and we went back to bed but the doberman still wouldn't shut up so my husband took him to the vet and we found out that they can die within an hour from this condition so we were very lucky.It is amazing how your other animals know that something is going on because as soon as my husband left the house the dobie went straight in his bed and went to sleep-if it hadn't been for him we could have lost our dog. He is on the mend now and getting thoroughly spoilt.
Laurie :hug:   :hug:  :hug:

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your dear Lucy.   bear_cry  bear_cry   

Sending warmest bear hugs,  :hug:  :hug:
Aleta

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I'm soo sorry. I just put my bunny down and I know how you feel . It's hard not to look at my dog and dread the day.

16 years is a good life.  :hug:

Stellajella Wien

Eileen, I´m so sorry about your loss! :hug:  Loosing a loved one, no matter if 2 legged or 4 legged is always a tragedy.

I send you big hugs, Lucy wouldn´t want you to be sad; just think of all the wonderful hours you spent together.

Gaby bear_flower

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

It's never easy losing a pet. My thoughts are with you Eileen.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Sajdra wrote:I lost my little chap  almost a month ago. I was devastated - lost one stone in weight in two weeks, not thriving.  Its absolutely awful.  Although I have two new little treasures - he will never be forgotten - he helped me so much - but sadly his work was done here.

Sandra: When I had to put my beloved Daisy down, I got another kitten right away. It helped me with the grieving. I still miss her and grieved but having a new baby to care for helped so much. None of that "wait a year" nonsense for me....

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

I am so sorry Eileen . She will be for ever with you in your heart.
Hugs.
Gladys bear_flower

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

My heart goes out to you Eileen,  bear_cry I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
It is so hard to lose a beloved pet. 16 years!  She was lucky to have a great mom like you and you were both fortunate to have each other for so long. Big big hugs to you! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

K P Bear K P Bear
Lewiston

Eileen I know how you feel. I lost my soul mate on the 11dec a few years ago now. He have cancer and was only 6 when I had to do the unthinkable. I remember it as it was yesterday. So I do know and feel withh you.
Bear hugs from Lena.115.gif

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:hug: Thank you again and again, wonderful Teddy-Talkers. :hug:

We're all still snivelling, but we're able to laugh about Lucy's most lovable and most irritating quirks! I'm glad I was there at the very end, because it was so clear to me that the real Lucy had gone elsewhere--what was left was not her.

I'm rereading The Rainbow Bridge several times a day, and plan to shuffle off this mortal coil with my pockets stuffed with treats and plastic bags!

:hug: Bless all the dear beasts and loving humans who are facing this separation, or have faced it.  :hug:

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Ohhh Eileen tears are running down my face, sorry to hear your sad news. Big hugs to you.  :hug:
I have two border collies which are now adults one 9 and the other 12 who still play and run like puppies, I am not looking forward to that sadness to happen either.  :hug:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:hug: Thank you, Karen :hug:

When I first brought Bear home, several Border Collie moms and dads told me that they tend to be very active until the very end. Lucy certainly was, although she'd slowed down a lot. Two days before she died she was frisking and frolicking at the word "walk", and showing an alarming interest in an unneutered male Chow.

I've still got a 7 year old Border Collie and a 10 year old Jack Russell for comfort, or I'd be out the door like a shot, looking for another furbaby. As it is, I'll probably last another week or two before calling the Border Collie Rescue people. I can't stand thinking of animals lacking loving homes.

My little sis has devoted all her time and energy to rehabilitating abused Border Collies, and I've seen first-hand how unhappy some of these dogs can be when they come to her--fuzzy bundles of anxiety, misery, and mistrust, some of them dangerously aggressive and frightened by their own aggression.

Be comforted knowing that your love and attention is doggie Heaven-on-Earth.

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Eileen, I admire you for taking on rescue dogs your worth your weight in gold and so kind. :hug: 

Having been around people who have taken on rescue dogs and rehomed them, it is awful to think what their previous lives could have been like and trying to understand their loss in trust.  I have seen the Border Collie rescue team in action through documentaries, what a great association, your Sis is doing a great job. Congratulate her, training a normal puppy is a challenge let alone retraining an abused one.

Glad you have your other furbabies to keep you comforted hope they don't miss her too much. Treasure Lucy in your memories she will always be there for you.  :hug:  :hug:

beary_clairey Luton

Oh Eileen - I am so sorry for your loss.

I also own 2 dogs a beautiful border collie, Rex and my little darling Honey who is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. I would be totally gutted if one of my dogs had passed away and probably would be beside myself.

I think the only comfort that you can take is that it as quick and probably painless. And remember one day, a long time in the future you will both meet up again!!!

Hugs

Claire

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Oh Eileen, I am truly sorry to hear about Lucy. It is just so heartbreaking to let our pets go.  It is a blessing that you could be with her.  I'm glad you are able to remember her quirks and have a smile.    :hug:

Board footer