Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

sarahjane Brisbane

I was looking for some ideas on where to attach swing tags...I was hanging mine around my bears neck but after reading Sandras post about cleaning her artist bears and liking to keep her tags with the bears I'm wondering whether to attach mine to the back of the ear so they can be kept with the bear but not intrude on the display? Because my bears are ony 6-8 inches if the tag is hanging around the neck it can be quite big in comparison to the bear. Any other ideas about where to attach these tags....

K Pawz Guest

I put mine on a little piece of elastic cording and put them around the wrist, this way they can be tucked under, or pushed to the back...or still taken off if the purchaser desires!!

Hugs,
Krista

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

With my travelling, I do not have any tags on the bears. I give the adoped parents a "birth certificate".
I found that packing the bears, always squashed the tags, then I went and laminated the tags, which stopped that, but I still found that it was a problem when they were packed into a suitcase.
What I do is place a normal swingtag, with the price and bear's name onto the bear, attached to the woven label I insert, which is normally in the back seam, so that I can keep a control of what I have on the table. Also I keep these tags, so that when I am back home, I can keep a record and do my "accounting" of the bears sold at shows.

Most times now, customers ask me for the birth certificate, so this is what works for me.

Lynette.

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

I generally attach the swing tags to one of the bears ears..

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

My informational tags are business card size, I do not attach them to the bears... I have a little shrinky dink tag around the bears neck though with upholstry thread that says Kim-Bee Bears, the bear's name and what year they were created  bear_original

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Here is a pic of my shrinky dink tags..

shrinky_dink_tag.jpg

The bigger tag is before I shrink them and the other two are after they are shrunk bear_original

JAC-Q-LYN Jac-Q-Lyn
Cheshire

I usually hand tags around the neck, but I have attached them with a kimball tag through the sew in label in the back of the bear, so when displayed they sit on the tag, this is great for displaying in shops as its your bear thats seen and not the tag.

Hugs
Jacqui bear_original

sarahjane Brisbane

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply......some good ideas here.  bear_flower

bearhug07 Strange Bears
Sydney

HI Sarah Jane

While cleaning I found the best tags to be those on a gold elastic cord that was long enough to tuck under the bears bottom if it was sitting ot under it's foot if standing......the smaller the better....something the size of a business card folded in half is about perfect to hide but fit all the information on.

While a birth certificate is nice it is hard to keep with the bear and is easily seperated......you end up with more pieces of paper that you habe to keep track of......personally as a collector I hate them....I like to keep everything in one spot and as miniimal as possible.

While travelling to and from shows I used to keep my swing tags seperate from the bear in a had business card case but filled in and only attach it if the bear sold....they only wore a price tag while on the table.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh Pooh!!!  i always forget....until the little thing is in the box and taped up tight....guess I should resolve not to forget the tags.....

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania
Dilu wrote:

Oh Pooh!!!  i always forget....until the little thing is in the box and taped up tight....guess I should resolve not to forget the tags.....

:crackup:  :crackup:   Oh Dilly, you really make me smile!  bear_original

Board footer