Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Caramil-Bar.jpgWell ,
I can't help with using growlers ( other than to say I think they sound like sheep in pain myself :lol:), or the soap issue but..............

After Ellen's post , I wanted to share my Caramilk bar with everyone. Hope your tummies aren't "growling" anymore for chocolate.  You dont' know what you are missing.  Maybe I'll have to mail one to each of you.   On that note. I mailed my bestest friend a 5 pound box of chocolates in June and when she received them ....they were a huge melted 5 pound lump .  She froze it, then took it to the curb and smashed  the box with a hammer to break it into peices.   What a hoot !!!!!  You can't waste good chocolate.
b020.gif

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Whew-eee, girls . . . this has been one zany thread!! bear_grin All of you are funny, crazy hoots!  What is it we were discussing . . . oh yes, growlers.  Don't like 'em!  Because they DO sound like cows or sheep.  I have one Steiff bear that has a growler -  or mooer is more like it!  It just sounds silly when you tip it . . . this great, wonderful looking bear that sounds like a sick cow!  Why don't you tell us how you REALLY feel, Sue Ann!

Oh yes, and I went to the link for the Caramilk bars . . . woohoo!!  We have Cadbury eggs around Easter time, but I've NEVER seen a Caramilk bar anywhere - boohoo!  Also checked out the link to the growling bear sound.  Now that's what a real bear sounds like!!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

OH, Tammy... that's just plain MEAN! :lol::lol::lol:
My mouth is watering, I have PMS and have already eatten all the chocolate in the house!
You're killing me!!!!

Sue Ann, THANK YOU for telling us how you really feel. bear_laugh I was begining to think I was the only one who really hated the things! (Growlers that is!)

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

I played that link with the REAL bear groweling...I would not want that in one of my cute bears..or bears for kids...it would scare them to death ...Winney

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

I think so often they sound like a sick calf or lamb.
I have not actually inserted a growler in any of my Bears but if the sound was right
I probably would.

My daughter was given a Bear  with a growler in when she was a baby  and she wore it out so must have been a happy sound for her.

lw2ndstar Annapolis, Maryland

Hi all,

You can count me as one who likes growlers.  I think I've only put a few in bears, maybe 20 years ago.  But my first "serious" bear that I bought (love at first sight) was a 32cm Steiff who, yes, sounds like a sheep.

But what I really like is when I am dragging him around, in a tote bag, to the theater, wherever, he occasionally out of the blue says a little something.  Just to remind me that he's there.   He is my mascot, and by now everyone I know expects to see him with me.  My little eccentricity!

I remember buying him, how it made me a little weak in the knees to spend 60 bucks on a "toy" (excuse the expression ;))!!   Do you all remember buying your first "collector" bear??  And didn't people think you were crazy? bear_laugh
Lynne

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Hay how come we can't get those darn bars and Cadburys is just down the motorway from me!!! I have been to the Cadburys factory and had lots of samples though. I like the Nestle Wonka bars at the moment..hmm.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Wow, Chrissie, :D

Lucky you! I had a lot of Steiffs in my teens, most of which are now in shreds, thanks to kids and dogs. I'm not yet a collector . . . all my cash goes to bear supplies . . . but I did go to one small show here and nearly died of covetousness.

So far as I could tell, there wasn't a realistic bear, or a growler, or a tail among all the offerings. Hmm. DiscoJoints&Teddies was selling a lot of stuff, but the only buyers I saw were carrying out Boyd's and other small manufactured bears.

Eileen

Deb Upstate New York

Growlers ~ yick.

Tammy ~ hey that looks a lot like my anti-depressant prescription!  a050.gif

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

I have no oppinion on growlers... never heard one, never had one.... But I agree... that chocolate close-up was just down right MEAN!!!!!! Now I am simply going to have to go to the store and get some chocolate!  Maybe we have some here?  No... just checked the pantry... only chocolate chips.... (Yes, I ate a handfull, but it's just not the same!)

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_grin Kim,

Chocolate chips are my emergency supply too! After that I raid my daughter's supply of Lindt baking chocolate--she makes the best truffles in the world. It's tricky, cutting off just enough in the right place so she won't notice!

Eileen

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I do love Caramilk bars but usually can get away with just drooling over them in the store. We live close to the Hersey's plant h/e and went by a couple of weeks ago and bought a big bag of the broken almond bars. I ate so much the first day that I wasn't feeling too good the next; that didn't stop me from eating more chocholate tho! :)

Marion

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hi Tammy.

I hate you.

bear_laugh:D:D

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Gee sorry ladies.  I hope none of you had any serious anxiety attacks last night when your chocolate stash was empty.   I just couldn't resist sharing. Was that bar ever tasty !!! YUM  a090.gif

Shelli....I love you too  a080.gif

PS.  How did this thread go from growlers to chocolate anyway.  Eileen, look what you started. bear_grin

clare14 Country Bears
England

Amanda you're right, why don't we have this bar here??   Do you think it may be Cadbury's Caramel in disguise...............??   I have one of those in the fridge....................:rolleyes:   

Ooooh the smell of that Cadbury's factory is to die for.......................:D

Brockville, Ontario

I just bought myself a Caramilk bar to go with my lunch....yummy

Marion

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Marion that is hilarious.  Eileen and I should get some kind of commission on that sale. :lol:

Clare, remember to be nice and share your bar with us too .  Maybe it is the same kind ????

So how are those diets going that everyone planned to start awhile ago.  Where are your diet buddies now girls, huh, huh.  ( I too am a diet failure  ;)!)

Brockville, Ontario

oh god....I forgot about the diet buddies.....please, I beg of you....don't tell on me!

Marion

Brockville, Ontario

I can't believe I did this - it's all your fault. A new family client just called to make an appointment. She works at the Hersey's factory. She asked what she shd bring in and I told her what I needed...and added that she shd bring a bag of the broken chocolate bars!

Marion

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Well, the only chocolate in the house is in a box of choc. chip cookie mix so now I must make cookies.... darn it! (For the record I always make my cookies from scratch. Mom gave me several boxes of Ghiradelli (sp?) cookie mixes so I have to at least TRY one!) I'll let you know how they are! bear_tongue

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh Gee, Daphne,

I'd just eat the chips out of the mix and toss the rest!

Eileen

Brockville, Ontario

OK....I've been jinxed. I ate that stupid Caramilk bar, without sharing with the other staff here, and now I'm suffering an embarrassing stomach upset.

:mad:

Marion

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

The only cure is more chocolate!

Eileen

Brockville, Ontario

that would probably work....I'll have to pick up another on the way home from work. Who knows, it may have just been stale.

:P

Marion

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Speaking of stale bars......  I have something that may curb your craving for a bit.

Several years ago I bought an Aero bar.  (You know the ones with the air bubbles - do you have those or do I have to go buy one to show you again LOL) Anyway, when I bit into it and pulled it away from my mouth there in one of the little air bubbles was a live, squirmy maggot !!!!   a015.gif   I almost threw up and .  It took years before I was able to eat another one.   Of course it wasn't enough to totally turn me off chocolate , it's to addictive.

So are we totally off topic or what.  Maybe we need to start a chocolate thread.   

Gotta run , I've got a brood of 9yr. old girls coming soon for a birthdday sleepover party tonight.  HELP !!!!!  Where's the chocolate.....of yah ....... it's the cake .  Woohoo !!!!!    h025.gif

Board footer