Here is the big doll I made several years ago. I made my sister a smaller version. I would love to try a Harry Potter bear or a Ron bear or.... It'll be fun!
I remember when we went to the midnight showing of the first movie a woman brought her little boy who sat beside me in his cape and glasses with his wand. When it came to the "Swish and Flick" part of the movie he was so adorable!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Where did you find that sweater???? I am making a costume for my youngest to wear and I love that, and the tie is perfect!!!! How tall is it?
You seriously rocked on this doll!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thanks Jodi! I'll try to get a pic of the smaller one. When I was making him, and he didn't have his glasses on, his hair was just right... he looked like John Lennon, so after that, but I haven't had time, I thought about making my own 'young' John doll. If anyone is interested I can go back and look up everything and you could make your own Harry!
Harry is about 33 inches tall. The smaller one is 19 inches.
A lady actually made the outfits for me, I hadn't quite discovered that I could sew a bit. The pattern said to find an old sweater and cut it down. I will look for those afterwhile. The tie is made of a maroon material with a grossgrain (sp??) ribbon sewed on. I will definately look for this stuff!!!!
I'd love to make the Harry Potter Storytime set with your help!! It looks like great fun! Yes, do put out directions. That would be wonderful! I'm sure many others would like one as well! Just about everyone on TT seems to be a big Harry Potter fan!! I can't wait to show the photo to my husband when he comes home. He's as big a fan as me!
OK here is the first thing you need to do,
1. go to Hobby Lobby or Michaels or any place that sells crafts and buy a bird house that looks like something you would see from the book, the bird house I used was already black, so I had to do very little touch up. The one I did was 2 story, which is a little more involved, they do have single story houses that have the same look, if you get them this week there is a 40% off coupon on the Hobby Lobby website that you can down load. So the house ends up being pretty cheap, they may also be on sale at 50% off right now.
2. Once you have your bird house make a templet that will be your opening in the back, I leave about 1/2 at the bottom so it is easier to cut. Once you have the shape marked on your birdhouse you need to take a drill and drill some starter holes,
(Now the dangerous part of this)
3. You take an electric jig saw and VERY carefully cut the shape out, I use sandpaper to sand the edges smooth.
4. Now I paint the inside a nice golden brown or tan to give it an aged looked.
5. I measure the floor and copy that onto a sheet of card stock , now you can use miniature doll house wood flooring or you can go to a home improvement store and buy a piece of flooring sample, this is your choice I have used the ones that look like wood and I have used the ones that looks like marble, these are the ones that you can cut with a pair of scissors. Once you get it cut right, try laying it to see if it fits. If it fits take E6000 glue and glue it down.
NOW the fun Part!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Decorating it.
Now everyone that wants to do this, once you get this done let me know and I'll post some more to help you decorate it.
I am so excited to see what we all come up with.
Jodi, I found the pattern instructions and it says the sweater is made from a thrift shop gray heather sweater. Reading them again reminds me why I had someone do this for me!!! There is a burgundy ribbon sewn onto the v neck, then gold grosgrain ribbon on top of that. The tie is just burgundy fabric with gold grosgrain ribbon sewn on. If you would like a copy I would gladly send it to you. There are even instructions for the broom which is really cool!!
http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/ … cl=2522103
Here's the new trailer for the Wii video game, looks really cool!!!!!
Jodi, I am going to try to get those instructions for the tie and sweater scanned this weekend. I haven't forgot!!