Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

Hi I am not sure if this has been posted yet or not but yesterday I received the following email from "ebay"  but it is a scam mail:

"Thank you for submitting your change of email address request. Instructions on completing the change have been sent to your new email address. Once the process is completed, your eBay-related email will no longer be routed to this email address.

If you did not make this change, check with family members and others who may have access to your account first. If you still feel that an unauthorized person has changed your email, get help here:"

They ask you to hit a link to go to ebay, so to get your password, make sure  you report it to ebay at spoof@ebay.com. 
and never link to ebay or anywhere from an email link, go to the site and log in there.

So much for protecting us with the new hidden bidder system, yeeesh!!!!!
I hope the people who do this, get a really bad rash in a really uncomfortable place!!!!!!! :crackup:
Hugs
Jodi

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Jodi Moisan wrote:

So much for protecting us with the new hidden bidder system, yeeesh!!!!!

Jodi, first, thanks for the heads up.   Secondly, however... to be fair... this has NOTHING at ALL to do with the hidden bidder system!!!!!  Seriously... I get these emails to email addresses that are not even registered with ebay! 

The hidden bidder system is to prevent scammers from targeting individuals who have bid in a specific auction with a fake 2nd chance offer for the exact item they had bid on but did not win.

The email you got you received as a general blanket "spam" email sent to email addresses that were probably harvested from all those "fun" emails that many people forward around... and also from email links on our own websites. (AND eBay listings if you post your email address there!!!) They also get these email addresses when you join some groups (not this one bear_original ) or sign up for some newsletters (like to receive coupons from the big companies) and stuff like that.

I keep one email address for my "junk" email... when I sign up for stuff.  I've also taken out the actual link to my email address from my website.  I still post my email address on my site, but it is not a live "email link".  The spam has cut down considerably, although I do still get some.  (I created a new email address for my website when I did this.)

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

I hope the people who do this, get a really bad rash in a really uncomfortable place!!!!!!! 
Hugs
Jodi

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Thanks Jodi, another one to watch out for!

kallie214 Friends "Fur" Life Bears
Gig Harbor, WA.
Website

I got that one yesterday too! I actually went to my ebay and checked my preferences to make sure it really hadnt been changed. Everything looked A-OK ...pheeew! That would be a nightmare if someone actually changed your email addy and password!

Thanks for the heads up Jodi!

Bear Hugs,

Kim

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

I keep on getting the "Power Seller" scam.  They keep telling me "Congrats, you're a power seller, you'll get this neato power seller icon next to your name! If you accept this wonderful new title, please complete the free registration" or whatever..... and they have the 'link' there to follow.  I've gotten 3 of them.  All scams.

Kimberly W.

Board footer