Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I am in the middle of a webdesign class over at Ebearz U. 

I have to say that for one who tends to skip instructions and jump in with both left feet while running with scissors,  this class is easy and doable and works.

Course, there is no skipping or jumping or running,

But the instructor, Nancy Tillberg, has clear understandable instructions and guidance and the beauty of html is that it is universal, you can create your own thing, and check it on the internet step by step! 

And it is

NOT

technogeeky at all. 

She wrote it for people just like us, bear or doll makers, sewers, quilters, people whose heads tend to be in the clouds, be the clouds dark and gloomy most of the time or happy and niceynice.

If this is something any one here has a hankering for learning I really do recommend it.

I also recommend following the instructions step by step like you would a knitting pattern.  Its time consuming but ever so worth it.

I got it as an early Christmas present, and am loving it.  Thank you my friend.....you know who you are.....

The next class starts October 29th I believe.

Just thought I would share the info for anyone who is interested in moving beyond preset formats

goodgollyhugs
dilu

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Info received loud and clear Dilu. Designing my own website is one of those things that I am hoping one day to be able to achieve.  But I have another class that I have my heart set on over at BearzU. Which I can only do if I sell a couple of critters at the winter warmer.  :redface:  bear_grin

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Thanks, Dilu. I've been eyeing that class myself but was afraid it would be too techno-geeky for me. I need very simple instructions and I do better when I can actually see the process as it happens. I did take Judi's needlefelted faces...but there are more on my list.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Some day Dilu ...but not today !! I really do want to design something from scratch, but I do like mine now ...so who knows.I haven't done any thing on mine for so long that I am afraid I will forget what I know already. Except I did go in and take out pictures of you know who !!!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh, Jodi, can't say i blame you!

Maryls-its not hard at all-very clear-when you get your other classes done give it a go-its hard to choose classes.....so many to take so little money and time......LOL

Wendy- I'm rooting for you-and thought of you the other day when the National Geographic chanell was talkingabout dangerous kritters, I didn't know your puddles had spines in their back legs that could really hurt someone....

hmmmm bear_ermm

NOT YOURS, of course, but the live ones.....  but the scarriest thing I saaw was the rockfish.....yieks!

Then the hubs turned the chanell, as the parrot was getting antsy

OK.....back to work!

hugs
d

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Hi Dilu,   

What program is Nancy using for the web design course? 

hugs

Shane

Nancy D Dog Patch Critters
Titusville, FL
Website

I won a class at ebearz and after your post Dilu, I decided to take the web design class. I use frontpage for mine but I am trying to stretch myself and learn more to make it look more professional. I am now excited for the class to start.

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Hi Shane
We are learning html as Nancy feels we really need to know the basics. Dilu might be making out ok but I am really struggling with it especially now that we are to align, reduce the size of the page create rows and columns etc all at once in a practice assignment. I now know why I had her design my web site for me!!!!
Hugs
Gail

ArtHeart Kran-Beary's
Thunder Bay ON Canada

Hi,
Dilu... thanks for the words of recommendation. I'm glad you're having fun with it.   It is kind of like magic watching little tags make things happen on the page.

Gail... hang in there... it gets easier. The HTML set the basis for understanding the do-it-yourself  programs.  So even if you get an understanding, but not a mastery of the HTML, you'll still be ahead of the game.  And... you can always call me.   

Shane...  We start with learning the HTML that underlies web design programs.  There are free programs available under the GPL that you can use to then design your site, as well as free photo editing programs.    You can download them if you like, and you'll find that they work in a similar manner to the commercial programs that you can purchase.   We also experiment with a do-it-yourself free program online.

Here's an overview:

A fun class for both the novice bear maker and the more experienced bear-smith who wish to promote their work on the internet.

The workshop will include step by step instruction in the following:

-What you need to create and manage a site
-basic html and practice exercises
-auction template creation
-using free online web designers
-an overview of using commercial web programs and practicing with a web program which is free to download  under the GPL
-blogging
-hand-coding a simple page
-FTP functions and hosting

This workshop also includes an overview of photo editing and storage options.  (photo filter tutorial)

If you're ready to put your business on the web, or are if you're looking to learn the basics so that you can maintain your own site, then this class is for you.

Course Duration: 30 days plus a 15 day grace period.
Course Fee: $55.00

Board footer