Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Ordered some clear glass eyes from Intercal , how do you paint these?
What type of paints do you use, I remember some saying finger nail polish????? I love the ones with the black lines in them..
I have seen some really pretty ones lately.

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Here's a thread that should help answer your question Tami

http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=351

If you check in the library under eyes, there are a few topics there that have a lot of information in them.  Funny enough I was just looking through these threads earlier this evening as I wanted to refresh my brain on painting eyes as well.

big hugs

Shane

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Great Shane! Thanks  :hug:

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Twice I've painted some really nice glass eyes.  Both times the eye popped off the wire when I was attaching it to the bear.  Anyone have this happen?  What do you think causes it?  Maybe I got a bad batch of eyes?

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Patty, did you wiggle the wire even the tiniest bit? That can break the bond between the glass & wire. And of course, it never shows up until you're pulling it into place in the eye socket......

I haven't looked this up yet, but do the #500 Pre-crimped come in clear or just the all-black? I love those.

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Yes, the 500 pre-crimped are my favorite eyes too.  I don't know if they come in clear.  I'll check it out. 

I probably wiggled the wire too much.  Next time I'm going to push the eyes into a block of modeling clay (the kind that doesn't dry) front side in so I have access to the back without having to touch the eye while painting.  But the wire seemed brittle, I was thinking maybe from the clear nail polish?  I'll try not to get any on the wire next time.

Board footer