Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

lulubears Posts: 280

I wanted to remind everyone about the upcoming bear show here in Austin, Texas.  This year we have an incredible line-up of artists, and are very excited about everyone who is returning and those new to our show.  The show is next Sunday, June 29th, and we are sold out once again!

While certainly not "new" to the business - we are absolutely delighted to have Frank Bielec, designer of TLC's Trading Spaces as one of our artists this year!  His wife, Judy, will be here as well.  Both of them are extremely talented, and it should prove to be a very fun day with the two of them here!  I can't wait to see what they bring.  Judy called and told me they are in a competition against each other to make their tables "really something".   Hmmm, that in itself is intriguing.

We have a couple ofl TTers coming - Laurel Rudolph, who does incredible pieces and Mark Nissen, whose bears everyone loves!

We also have Linda Coker, who sells the most incredible pincushions on e-Bay.  They have tiny animals, including bears on them.  She also does other pieces - namely bears, squirrels, rabbits, etc.

I am so looking forward to the show!  We'll try to post photos during the show, and will definitely post photos after the show.

Luann

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hope it's a huge success, Luann!  Frank and Judy are going to be there?  Woohoo - it definitely WILL be interesting!

Yep!  Frank and Judy will both be here.  Judy came down a couple of months ago and taught a needle-felting class for us and decided to take a table at the show.  Not to be outdone, Frank decided he wanted a table as well.  This will be a great opportunity for anyone that collects his things to get some one-of-a-kind bear pieces that he is doing for the show.  Judy says he is working on some surprises as well.

Frank surprised all of the girls at the needlefelting class by calling during the class.  Then, Judy gave us all tote bags that he had designed.  We really had a good time.

We're gonna miss you this year Sue Ann.  Hopefully, life will straighten out and you'll be back on the bear show circuit.  I know the collectors are missing you, as we've had a couple ask about you already.

Luann

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

We're gonna miss you this year Sue Ann.  Hopefully, life will straighten out and you'll be back on the bear show circuit.  I know the collectors are missing you, as we've had a couple ask about you already.

Thank you - I miss the shows, too.

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Ooooooooh . . . I so wish I could be there.  Next year I'm going to be there.  We're in the process of moving right now so by next year I'll be settled in and ready to go.

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

What is the location, time and admission for this event? Is there a link?

I live in Austin and can't wait to see it.

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

OH Luann that is going to be so much fun,  darn it I wish we could be there.  Make sure you take lots of pictures and tell Frank and Judy the bearguys say hi  bear_grin  bear_grin  (of course they have no idea who we are but say hi anyway  :crackup:  :crackup: ).

Good luck with the show I hope it's a huge success.  May see you next yr in April as we may head back down that way , if we do we'll pop over and go out to Rudy's for some BBQ again mmmmmmmmmmmm.

big hugs

Shane

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Luann  that sounds so exciting!!!!  Good luck with your show  bear_thumb

Jennifer - click on the link at the bottom of my messages - www.lulubears.com and go to the "Shows and Events" page.  If you'll pm me your address, I'll send you a postcard with a discount.  We are offering half price admission to those that come and bring a friend.  (Both people get the half price admission.)  If you come alone, our admission is:  Adults $4 and Seniors and under 12 - $2.  With one of our postcards, we give you $1 off of the admission price.

The show is at the Holiday Inn at Town Lake - right on I-35.  From the north, take the Town Lake exit, and the hotel is on the west side of the interstate.  The ballroom overlooks the lake. Show hours are 9:30 - 3:30 on Sunday, the 29th.  Plenty of surface parking, as well as a parking garage - provided at no additional charge. 

Shane - I'll tell Frank you guys said hi - he'll get a kick out of that.  By all means - stop by anytime you are anywhere close.  We'll go back to Rudy's for Bar-Be-Que, and then stop for fresh made pecan pralines on the way back.  Yum!

Laura Lynn - Frank and Judy are a blast!  I'm sure we'll get some really fun photos.

I'm really excited about all of the artists we have coming this year.  For anyone that might be planning to come, we are hosting a "Great Opportunity" table this year with bears made by the participating artists.  Each artist can put 2 bears on the table, and offer them for a set price of either $50, $75 or $100 each.  This is a wonderful way to introduce newcomers to the bear world.  They are able to purchase quality artist bears at incredible prices.  All of the other bears on their own tables will be at their regular prices.  We've done this before and it's always been a very successful table.

I have several international artists that have sent bears for us to sell for them.  This too, has always been a very popular table.  This gives collectors an opportunity to see bears made by artists whose work they admire from afar, but have never really seen "in the fur". 

Looking forward to the show and meeting new collectors and TTers as well.

Luann

Board footer