Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

crisplatypuscartoon251.jpgcriskrinklenormalwebstandingfromabove.jpgcriskrinklestandingwebnormalpost.jpgcriskrinklenormalspotlightwebflowerspost.jpgHere he is. Wont be doing another pink one. Too hard to photograph.
Cristopher Krinkle is made from five different mohairs and a plush velvet in khaki green. He also has padded suede feet. Which I have tried for the very first time.  A number of years ago I dyed a lot of fabric cerise. This is the fabric. So he's a patchwork bear. 2fabrics on head, 3 on the body, 3 on the arms,3 on the feet. 4if you count the pads. He is made up of 38 pieces He's fully armatured, needle felted muzzle and nose. I filled his belly with plastic pellets. Which I dont usually use.
He's a weird little creature, my bears at the moment have been a bit of a departure for me. I painted his muzzle and gave highlights to the mohair. 22cm =81/2inches, standing.

Pipa UK

what a character bear_original

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Wow,such detail. Very cute.
Heather

purelyneysa Purely Neysa
Indiana, PA
Website

He's fantastic, I have a hard time shooting some of my critters to. When the colors make it hard to shoot I use IrfanView it is a program that allows you to correct color etc... I know it better than Photoshop. You can find the program by putting IrfanView in your search engine. I have decided that digital is much better than regular 35 mm. My digital has macro capability too, it's great for small critters. It's a Canon Powershot SA 40. Neysa

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Wow lots of detail there Matilda, looks great, maybe a darker background for the photos may help, just a thought.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Pinkee my needle felted critter that is now residing with Anne was hard to photograph too! 

He is cute!!! very neat shape. he looks like he is howling in the one pic!  Very cute!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Stunning little character, Matilda!!  Way to go!!  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Matilda!  He is soooo darn CUTE!!!  I do undestand about photos.  I often stuggle with that myself.  It looks like you took the picture outside which will show the truest color.  bear_thumb I have found that outside photos look the best when shooting in shade or better yet, on an overcast day or when the sun is going down and there is no direct sunlight and the concetration of the sun is softer.   Do you have a light tent?  I recently bought one and this have really improved the qualtiy of my pictures.  You can even take it outside to filter the light.

Are you color correcting in your photo program?

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Try using ACDSee which should be on your computer to fiddle around with the colour quality Matty and i agree with Judi (again) that taking the piccies on an overcast dull day is better for colour reproduction.

A light tent is brilliant apart from the fact that it unfolds like an emergency escape shute and nearly takes yuor eye out - but that was probably just me !

Penny  bear_wub

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Hi Matilda,
I think he is just fantastic - I think you did great photos - I can never figure out just what lighting conditions or whatever for photos (that and my partner does them really  bear_grin bear_grin) But I want them done usually in a rush cos a bear has to be somewhere or I want to put it on ebay that day/night - I do love digital cameras - you can expunge any mistakes - bit like a large eraser bear_thumb bear_thumb
Anyways he is super - well done especially with the dying never mind the aritistic design  :clap: :clap:
:hug: :hug:
Anne

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Matilda!! Fantastic!!!  bear_shocked bear_shocked bear_thumb bear_thumb :love:

Julia

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Matilda a work of art

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

leahandchair.jpgleahandboa.jpgHere is my latest pink bear... she is bright pink... again, very hard to photograph! I think she looks best on the black, i tried every color I can think of and it looked the best and still I had to mess with the computer editing to make her look as close to her true pink fuzzy self as possible... here she is...

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Kimmy...CUTE!!!  Believe it or not...try taking out some of the reds in your photo editing program.  Play with it and see what happens bear_thumb Reaaly really nice.  I like how you added the sprig of blue fluffy yarn.  What an artist you are!

Penny, you crack me up!!! I almost took out my eye too with my "escape-shoot-photo-tent" ! bear_laugh bear_laugh bear_laugh bear_laugh bear_laugh bear_laugh

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania
Judi wrote:

bear_thumb Reaaly really nice.  I like how you added the sprig of blue fluffy yarn.  What an artist you are!

Judi you have no idea how great it is to hear something like this from you... bear_original  thank you dear, you made my day!   :hug:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

aaahhh Kimmy.....it's the truth! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Yipeee Kim, your work is coming along nicely. :clap:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Thank you Karen!  it is fun too!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Thankyou all for your kind and informative comments.
Neysa thanks for the info, will be checking it out. Judi, I dont have a light tent as yet, I do have the plans for one which I printed off of a website. The day was overcast when I took these pic's. I just escaped being rained on. bear_grin I dont have photoshop or anything like that. I only have the basic software that came with the camera. And another programm that came with the printer. I dont like the colour stick thing that is used in both programs to fix colour.
KIM!!!! your wee pinky is darling!!!! love the way you set the stage.  :clap: :clap: It's hard not to over expose pink is'nt it.  I dont think I'll do anymore pink. Not that bright anyway.
I'll leave the pink ones to you Kim!!! bear_grin bear_grin

purelyneysa Purely Neysa
Indiana, PA
Website

for-Valerie.jpgcove-ar.jpgMatilda, you can get good photo's without spending alot of money. White poster board to bounce your lighting off of will work too. I like to shoot outside in the morning on cloudy bright days without bright sunlight. I use my black table cover and set up my camera with my back to the sun. I also shoot inside on my work table with regular light bulbs... but the trick is to have a "true light" angled closer to the critter. I'll give you two photo's as examples.

The three critters:cat, rat & pig were taken outside; the group shot inside (this is not purfect but you get the idea).

Neysa.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Neysa, Fabulous critters and beautiful photos!  WOW! WOW!

I have a question for you.  Do you aim your lights away from your subject, towards the white poster board and this bounces back to the critters you are photographing?

You should also be a photography advisor.

purelyneysa Purely Neysa
Indiana, PA
Website

camera-2.jpgcamera.jpgJudi, thank you, you're not so bad yourself at being a photographer. (my degree is in photography). Sometimes even I can't get the shot I want. Pink is the hardest color to photograph. Having Photoshop or IrfanView helps with correcting colors, reframing etc...

Sometimes I bounce the lighting. I think with digital camera's life is a lot easier. You shoot - download to the computer - view and possibly redo.

(Last mail) The first picture is just natural lighting with a black table cover. The second is using my gray fabric as the backdrop, regular lights above and "true light" aimed at the critter from the side.

See picture here for my simple setup I've pictured to angles so you can see my really ugly floor lamp over my desk. Also my camera flash is on for my inside shots an most important I use a tripod. Neysa

clare14 Country Bears
England

Wow look at all the lovely things going on here!!   Good job everyone!!!

I know I'm not needlefelting here, haven't chanced my arm at that yet, but just wanted to sympathise with the old 'pink photography' bug bearer that was going on!!

I tried to photograph this bear today,
ebay1668sn.jpg

What a NIGHTMARE!!!

What do others find id the right colour backing, I have many, but lost my rag with this yesterday!!!  bear_grin  So gave up!!!

I love looking at all your wonderful needlefelting though, you're all very clever!!!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Calre , what a beautiful picture!   Cute bear.

Neysa, Thank you so much for sharing that info.  Your pictures always look so fabulous.

I use a photo tent for indoor pictures and I mix flourescent and incandescent (sp?) lights.  I think I may need more flourenscent as I usually have to remove reds from my photos.  I see you have a nice flourescent light by your kitty.  Both your indoor and outdoor lighting looks very nice.  I do love the outdoor shots  and rarely need to to any color adjustments.  It's just going to get difficult as the weather turns colder here in Wisconsin.
Thanks again for showing us your pictures.

clare14 Country Bears
England

I haven't room for a light tent, there's hardly room for us here if I'm honest!!!  Haven't you heard about the small matchbox English houses??!!

I take my pics outside on a dry (not always a bright day!!) with my newly bought mounting card, i'm having fun with my pics at present, but found the pink bear the hardest to photo!

Board footer