Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Have I ever offended any of you with my Teddy Talk party or holiday pictures? The reason I am asking is because I have received an email from one of our not so regular TT members complaining about the pictures. She says I make fun of you all and make you all look ridiculous. This is not at all what they were about and I have only ever meant them to be fun for everyone. I know from the posts following my pictures that you have all said they were fun, but I am now worried that there are some of you who may not have replied to my posts of the partys and holidays, who feel that I have insulted them. If this is the case I apologize and as I said before the pictures were just meant as fun for you all. If any of the members read this and feel that I have upset them in any way please send me a PM and I will personal apologize to them.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad

russellbears Russell Bears
Perth
Website

Hi Jane,
I've seen some of your piccies and thought they were funny :crackup:  :crackup: , even though I only recognised some of the faces, seeing I am relatively new here. If you do any more can you please have me sitting on Vin Diesel's lap bear_whistle I was sooo jealous bear_rolleyes

NewelleyBears Newelley.Bears
Harrow, Ontario

Jane,

I personally LOVE the pics that you make up....They are always so unique and creative.  I think they are awesome and thank you for going out of your way to help make this place the fun place that it is.

Bear Hugs,

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Hey Jane,

I've only been here long enough to appear in one of your collections, but it hasn't offended me at all... however if someone is genuinely of the opinion that it's offensive, maybe put out a post before they go up, asking that anyone who doesn't want to be featured P you??  That way no one will be upset.  You can keep my head in it though!

Sheryl Tuckerbears
Colorado Springs, CO

I don't think I have ever seen any of the pictures. It sounds to me like they are fun though  bear_thumb

OzMatilda Posts: 209

bear_flower Dear Jayne...i find you one of the kindest, caring of people with great sense of humour...I was in stitches a few years ago when you did that Cruise Ship with everyone on TT....i especially loved my skinny body you gave me! (lol) ...hilarious fun...please keep up everything you do.......Your a loving lady, don't change what you do because of one comment...take care good friend, Lisa.xxx

P.s. did i tell you my Nikoli (King Charles) will be one in December...his soooo beautiful...

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

Jane some people just don't seem to have any sense of humour at all.
My heavens if you can't have a giggle with friends, what's this world coming to.
We all know there's not a mean bone in your body and would never do anything to intentionally hurt anyone's feelings.
You could put me on with my head on upside down, in between my knees and I wouldn't care,
it's all in fun and after all, laughter is the best medicine!
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

I am little gobsmacked.............you are one of the nicest people on here

I have just traweled through lots of pages to find an offender and all I could find was Happy Birthdays, Congrats on Births, Happy Mothers days etc

SO :hug:  :hug:  :hug: take no notice

I do recall seeing a cruise ship though...............I would like the bod of Madonna with Jorden assets and be draped around .............ummmmmm Richard Gere (Officer & Gentleman uniform) hows that  :crackup:

puca bears puca bears

Ditto to all of the above............you are such a warm and caring person- I'm gobsmacked that anyone could think your fun pics offensive
big huggies
Maria

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Jane , I think someone ( was it Abraham Lincoln...?) once said...'You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time'

I think you can't do anything without upsetting someone these days.....I see nothing wrong with your creative 'montages'...at least you are contributing in a positive and humourous way...don't upset yourself Jane.  :hug:  :hug: it's not worth it!

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I think someone is just trying to stir up trouble and make you feel bad.

I always have fun scrolling through your cruise ship posts and hoping you included me!!

Keep up the great work,

Marion

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Jane,
     I think you are one of the most thoughtful people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.  We all know the pictures are in good fun and not meant to be hurtful in ANY way.   Chloe's idea was a good one, but then it takes the fun and surprise out of it for you.
     I hate having my picture taken - always have, which is why there isn't one under my avatar, but it has absolutely nothing to do with your fun pics.  I've come close to posting one, because I felt leftout with the cruise ship post  :crackup: Anyway, don't let if upset you.  You are a dear.

hugs,

Brenda

Lynn Wisconsin

It is so obvious that you are an amazing and caring person Jane.  Keep up with the fun pictures we love them!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Lynn

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Jane, how awful that someone put this thought into your head...and that was just one person, right? I loved the Christmas party you put on last year and was thrilled, thrilled to be included since I was fairly new last year. Like Lisa, I was very excited with the slim, trim body you gave me. I hadn't seen that body in years. That in itself was a wonderful Christmas present.

I feel quite honored I was included and would be totally honored to be in this year, if you choose to do this again. In fact, I'd be really bummed if I wasn't included. You spend so much time and thought on these parties that it really is a present to all of us. I simply cannot believe anyone would be offended. Maybe she was upset that she wasn't at the party.

Please don't worry about one person. I think our "show of hands" indicates that we love what you do.

Yvonne Bebbin Bears
Buckinghamshire
Website

Jane...I can only echo what everyone else has said...I am lucky enough to have you living near me..and have the pleasure of calling you my friend. You are the most kindest, caring person...who would never..ever intentionally hurt anyone's feelings! So please don't get too upset my this. I know you love TT...and spend lots of time helping others on here! I'm sorry to say unfortunately.. you will never please everyone...so come on..give us one of your big smiles  bear_grin ..and let it go!!!  bear_flower

Big hugs.. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Yvonne  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Jane, I think your TT partie are hilarious and really made me laugh. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  I know how much work you put into it and am sorry to hear that some take offense at such a positive and fun gesture.   I love your parties....keep on doing them....oh...and for my date this year.......could you hook me up with Orlando Bloom, Johnny Depp, and Gerard Butler ( in Phantom of the Opera costume bear_grin )?....my hubby won't mind a bit. bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Jane that thought never EVER occurred to me!!!  I always had fun trying to "find me" and seeing what you've done with us!!  I know you can't include every TTer in every "party" now, we are so big!  Even then it's fun to see who's paired up with which celebrity!

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

I love all the holiday pics of us............... bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

There's always one................... bear_sad But look at all the wonderful comments! :dance:  No, you can't please everyone but I'd say you've pleased the majority with the fun photos you've created over the years! Those who aren't regular TTers aren't here enough to get to know anyone so don't have any place suddenly coming along and passing such negative and uninformed judgements. Let it go Jane! I agree whole-heartedly with all the wonderful posts here!! Thank you for giving me a [INVALID] body on the cruise.... you made my dreams come true! bear_grin

:hug:  Daphne

Jigpaws Jigpaws
Edinburgh, Scotland

Oh Jane, how can anyone say such horrid things to you. I've not been a member of TT for very long but I know you're one of the loveliest people around  :hug:  :hug:

Don't let this person get you down, you have a lot of people here who love you and love the effort you put in for all of us here on TT   bear_flower  bear_flower

Big beary hugs  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Janice

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Good grief.  :doh:

To privately write to Jane even after reading all of the positive comments in every single one of those pics/party threads. Why??  What was the point or intention? Come out come out where ever you are... just come on out and post your thoughts about it here so we can all kindly and respectfully tell you why we ADORE Jane and all she does to bring smiles, joy and FUN to the forum!  Maybe you just need to hear more of the good stuff  bear_flower ...although those threads are FULL of us gushing about how much we all LOVE those pics and "parties".  Maybe you just missed all of that or mistook it all?

Just a thought to stop trolling of all kinds (not that "this" is a troll...but who knows anymore. This could be a regular using another name for all we know).  I'm a member of another forum that doesn't allow a peep of trolling.  They point blank state it and they even have a sticky thread that moderators add "trolls" to.  Doesn't matter WHO the person is (I think out here we protect too much in the name of "good business").  Their troll thread is only used by admins and clearly in each new post to the thread :  ________user name/person is the same as _______user name/person and both are banned.  Then those persons user names in all past posts show "Banned" in bold right under them.

Things out here have been smooth sailing for a while and that's great, but look what happens to the good people in private.  STINKS!

WE ADORE YOU JANE   AND  YOUR WONDERFUL THREADS!!!

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:
~Chrissi

K Pawz Guest

Hi Jane! I love all your parties and pictures, they are awesome! One of these days I hope to attend one of the wonderful parties myself!

hugs,
Krista

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wha...???

Huh???

Seriously?!?  Someone wrote with complaints about your picture parties? Really??

I don't underst.....

Really???

I love and adore Jane; she's been a staunch supporter of Teddy Talk MEMBERS -- the individuals that make up this site, each and every one, singly -- since TT opened its doors.  More than any one other person, she's gone out of her way to create community and a sense of welcome here, even though there's no direct benefit to her in spending her time, doing so.  Her heart is one of the purest I've ever witnessed.  I'm so honored to call her a peer and a friend.

Seriously, my response to this news -- that someone complained about Jane's picture parties -- is entirely and completely this:

crazy_cat25.jpg

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

I have never appeared in your pictures (at least I don't think I have), but I have seen them and never found anything offensive in them.  I think you have offended only one person, but you have made many others laugh.

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Jane, I can understand why this upsetting for you, even if it is only one person, as you have spent HOURS and HOURS doing up these fun party pics for us all to enjoy! I CAN'T believe anyone would find something done in such a sense of FUN to be offensive and, as others have said, I also really look forward to seeing your parties and seeing what you have done with me as well as the others that I recognize!

Board footer