Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

I'm a little hesitant to share such happy news when so many TT'ers are struggling with their own unhappy times right now.  I just can't keep the secret any longer.....please forgive the upcoming outburst.

I'M FINALLY GOING TO BE A NANA!!!  bear_original  bear_wub  bear_original  bear_wub  bear_original

Warmest and happiest of bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Thank you so much for sharing that wonderful news.  I am so happy for you.

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Aleta..welcome to the happy club...
It was the best thing that EVER happened to me the day my daughter gave birth to Elizabeth.....and I haven't stopped smiling about it since.
That's the best relationship in the world ..the one between grand-children and grand-parents...all the joy..none of the responsibility...
Rosie is coming to stay at our house  tomorrow ...that's my second little grand-daughter ..and I don't know who is more excited, me or her!!

Congratulations!!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

OMGosh Aleta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am soooooo delighted for you - I know how badly you have wanted this.  "Congratulations" to you and Bill, and of course Brittany and Jeremy.  All of us who have grandchildren remember the excitement when we first heard the news.  You will have such fun decorating for this wee one.  A word of warning - nine months is a VERY LONG TIME :crackup:  After you get used to the excitement, you just want the baby here -NOW, so get ready to put your "patiently waiting" hat on  :lol:!

hugs,

Brenda

eatcakevintage Eat Cake! bears and vintage
Ormond Beach, FL

Congrats! Everyone is right, it is the best. Even though our #2 son married a girl with a son and we love him just as he is one of our own, he was a true bonus. But there is nothing like that little baby, our little Graysen it just 2.5 months old and I it has been fun. I got a half a giggle out of her the other day which was quickly cut short by hiccups. She is our little peanut and I've been designing some baby clothes, collecting the fabric and waiting until she gets a little bigger to make them, she's just barely 9 lbs.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Heya, Granny!  Congratulations to you!!

I'll be expecting lots of photos and updates, so please, don't disappoint.

bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Congrats!  Wonderful news!

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

ahhhhhhhh, congratualtions nanny!!!!
happy news is good news xxxx :hug:

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

:dance: Congratulations Nana!! :dance:

Little ones are THE BEST!!  You will have a camera (or camera phone) in your hands all the time bear_laugh 

:hug:
~Chrissi

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hey, Aleta . . . big congratulations on becoming a grandma!  Well, it's a little on down the road, but, by this time next year, you will be grinning from ear to ear.   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

What wonderful news!!!!!  Congratulations Aleta!!!!!

Lynn Wisconsin

Congratulations Aleta!!!!!!!!  Looking forward to pictures.

Lynn

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Aleta, that's wonderful news!!!!

Hugs,

Portland, Oregon
Website

Thank you all so very much.  You know, as much as I've wanted this to happen, I feel so out of touch with all things baby.  It' been 25 years!!  And OMG, the price of a box of diapers is astounding!!  It's by the grace of a higher power that young couples manage it.  I think grandparents have perhaps a little to do with it too. 
bear_happy
I've used my complete morning and now part of the afternoon surfing on the internet looking at baby this and baby that.  Oiy!!  Did you know you could by a crib shaped like Cinderella's pumpkin for over $3,000!!!  Get out!  I suppose if I had money to burn I might.....  No.  That's just nuts!!

And now there are baby blankets you zip right onto baby so there is no need for a quilt.  Oh, and things called Swaddlers?  Wrapping babies like a stuffed sausage is comforting?  Really?!!

(Sigh) Any tips any of you could share would be mighty appreciated.  I have a lot of catching up to do!!

Thank you again for all the notes!!  You girlies are the BEST!!

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Just wonderful news Aleta, there is nothing better than a new baby in a family.   I agree with you about all the new baby things available.  It is only 12 years since my daughter was born, but I look at all the new things now and can't believe what they produce for parents to buy.    Perhaps they produce them for Grandparents to buy....... Ha.

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Aleta have you been visiting  http://poshtots.com ???  bear_laugh   That cinderella carriage is UNREAL...and how about those "playhouses"??!!  I'm guessing your hub could build one way nicer even...and you could decorate it!!  UH OH I feel a nana poppop project in the air bear_laugh

Tip from me:  you MUST have a super stylish diaper bag yourself, for those trips out and days you babysit and take little one shopping!  These are SO cute and incredibly functional. I have a "boxy backpack".   http://www.petuniapicklebottom.com/  (you can find "authentic" on ebay at better prices too).

For baby clothes...nothing is cuter than Gymboree and Mini Boden (IMO!).   Mini boden has a teddy bear jacket and a teddy suit that are beyond adorable.  http://www.bodenusa.com/en-us/Baby-Swea … id=-50#jf1   HOW CUTE?!

:hug:
~Chrissi

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Aleta,
Congratulations to everyone!  I am so pleased for you.  And the baby will be here for your mom to be a great grandma.  Those great grands added years to my dad's life.
Biggest Bear Hugs,
Donna

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Congratulations, my friend.  I'm so excited (and a bit envious..just a teeny eeny weeny tiny bit) for you.  Can't wait to see all the cute little pictures of you and that little bundle of joy.

bear_wub   :hug:   bear_wub   :hug:

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Congratulations, Aleta. What great news and I'm so glad you shared. Do you have a date yet? Wow, so much to do to get ready. That is going to be one spoiled little baby, me thinks.
:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Congratulations Dear Aleta!!! ~ your news is exciting and I am so happy for you and your family.

You will be such a wonderful Grandma and will have a special, lucky Grandbaby!

Warmest hugs
Carolyn

:hug:  bear_flower  :hug:

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Yippieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!! Blessings from above !!!! Whoo Hoo !!! I rejoice with you !!!

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears

Hi Aleta, congratulations. That is such wonderful news. Dont worry about catching up too much. I tried when my sister had her little one. My children are 19 and 24 and my neice is nearly 3. So much has changed. But the stuff I learned with my two has still got a place in the "modern" world. But boy some of the gadgets available now sure would have made my life easier.

Bath plugs with thermometers, I used my elbow. Silly things like that. But still get asked for advice on how to get madam to eat "funny" food etc. So there is a place for experience.  bear_thumb

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Welcome to the Granny club, may this new arrival bring much joy and happiness to all.

Lynette

Portland, Oregon
Website

Oh Chrissi, Chrissi, Chrissi,  bear_flower
You are an bad influence!  Sending me a link to Poshtots and Petunia Picklebottom.   :twisted: Shame on you!!  Ha!  I used my entire day looking at baby cribs (which I finally narrowed down to a top three selection by the way), bedding ensembles and diaper bags.  Good grief!!  I'm obsessed with baby!! bear_wacko

Donna,  bear_flower
I'm glad my mom is around for this baby too.  It's actually given her and my dad something positive to focus on.  Babies work miracles!  This baby will actually have many great-grandmas and great grandpas!!   

Marlys my dear,  bear_flower
I fear you are right.  Spoiled for sure.  But in the best ways, of course.  Lots of love and bear hugs!!

Shantell,  bear_flower
I know all about the teeny weenie envious part.  Everytime someone would post a picture of their grandchild or say they were going to be a Nana, I was happy for them and at the same time envious.

So, for everyone out there waiting for their turn, I pray it comes for you too!!

Again, thank you everyone for your kind posts!!  I'll pass along your happy thoughts to Brittany and Jeremy tomorrow.

Warmest bear hugs and a happy weekend to you!  :hug:  bear_original
Aleta

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Congratulations Nana Aleta, now that sounds good. Lucky you, you will be able to spoil that granbaby so much. I wish I had the opportunity. Congratulations to Brittany and Jeremy, they must be sooo happy.  bear_thumb

Hugs, Jane.

Board footer