Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

wazzabears Wazza Bears Australia
Bulli

Hello all.
I would like to say sorry to everyone who has emailed me this week and I haven't gotten back to you. I have had pretty bad week. My poor daughter hasn't been at school for 2 weeks due to harassment. Its has been happening all year but now its out of hand. the school has never done anything for the whole year and now that we have had to make a police report they are now deciding to do something. The head of the school has not been advise about the whole year what has been happening even though it has been report many of times and my daughter had counselling. I have had to seek another school. We are getting legal advise to the extra cost of her going to another school including the transport as it 15 kms away from us and she will have to catch a school bus. I am so stressed out and have come out in a rash. Its disturbing. I haven't been able to catch up on my emails and hope too over the weekend, so sorry to anyone that has emailed me.

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh Peta I am SO sorry!!!!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Jigpaws Jigpaws
Edinburgh, Scotland

Oh Peta,

I'm so sorry your poor daughter is suffering so much at the hands of bullies. I completely understand how you're feeling as my son has endured bullying throughout all his school years so far and like your situation the school won't listen  :mad:

I've tried countless times approaching his school about his situation but they just don't want to acknowledge that bullying is going on within their school. It's so frustrating as it's the work of the children being bullied that suffers due to them dreading going to school and having low self esteem thanks to these bullies. I had a terrible time with  my son skipping school a lot last year which resulted in him getting into trouble with the education welfare officer!!! 

Children are such a source of joy but they can be really, really mean too  bear_sad

I hope you manage to sort something out for your daughter Peta, I know exactly how distressing it all is.

Hugs to you and your daughter  :hug: 

Janice

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

I am sorry to hear of you trouble. I don't know what harrassing she is going thru be it from other girls, or bullys or something else. My daughter had an experience last year with a former boyfriend. It got so bad at one point he had began stalker like activities. Harrassing her at work, vandalizing her car, texting threatening messages. We had to get police involvement, and I told him that I would do whatever it took to protect her, even if that included my going to jail. It got very extreme and scary. I hope that your situation resolves quickly and things can improve. I know how difficult it can be for your child too. How painful, I am so sorry that you are having to go thru this.sending you some hugs and prayers :hug:  :pray:
S

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

So sorry, Peta.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

I'm so sorry your family is having to go through this Peta.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Hugs,

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  I'm really sorry, Peta, and hope the situation resolves to benefit your daughter.

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

Not a nice thing for your daughter to go through...hope it gets sorted for everyones sake...

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

I'm so sorry for you Peta how awful my daughter starts high school next year and this bullying issue is something that plays on the back of my mind kids can be so cruel and to see on TV people that are still affected and trying to deal with it in later life is so sad especially when it should have been controlled. Sending you and your daughter hugs and support  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Raewyn

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I'm so sorry for all the crap that is going down Peta. :hug: 
It has come  the time  I feel that 'Breeders' are going to have to be 'forced' to take responsibility for the delinquents that they drag up.
What we need are 'mobile corporal punishment units'. They travel around the cities and give the cane to the reported bullies. With follow up floggings to their parents. bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Bullying is just the cruelest thing for children and teenagers, and it comes at just the time they are trying to struggle with lots of changes within themselves.   Teenage years are really not an easy time.  Your daughter is very lucky that she has a supportive Mum who is prepared to be actively supporting her and trying to find a solution.  I do hope that in her new school life is so much better for her and she can enjoy friendships, rather than being frightened of school.  It is so annoying that in the media schools are saying that they are so against bullying and don't allow it, but in reality so many children are still suffering at the hands of mean bullies, who in reality are total cowards.

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears

oh Peta that is terrible. But on the good side, she knows she has a Mom who will back her up no matter what. For a child that is the best feeling on earth.  :hug:  :hug:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Peta I so feel for your poor daughter. I can understand how much stress both your daughter and you are going through. Kids can be sooo cruel and they don't give a damn about it. My son was bullied and beaten up so bad at the age of fourteen that he ended up in the emergency room. His face was so swollen and covered in blood that I checked his shoes to be sure it was him I was looking at. This was the proof the school needed that my son was being bullied, they couldn't say they had seen nothing that time. Sadly the only punishment the boy got was a two week suspension from school, which meant he got two weeks holiday for damaging my son so bad. My boy never got over the attack and ended up with a full breakdown. I had a fourteen year old with a full break down whilst the other boy went on happily with his life and most likely bullied others. My son has never fully recovered from the terrible experience he went through Peta, so do everything you can do to protect your daughter, even if it comes down to home schooling. Take care and I'm sending you both huge hugs.

Hugs, Jane.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

wazzabears Wazza Bears Australia
Bulli

Thanks so much everyone for your kind words and the support. It is very heartbreaking to see your child getting treated this way. She goes to a private catholic school, Its 6 boys and a girl who Annalise thought was her friend. 2 of the boys have been at her all year. Annalises grades have dropped this term as a result of the harassment. She even asked the school back mid year to change classes and they didn't. The head of the school can't believe that his staff had let this continue. She will be going the a girls middle catholic school 15 kms away, She will be in her 2nd year of high school. She has hopes and dreams for her future, and she said that she feels she won't excel at the school she is at now. She has a really good head on her shoulders and is very mature for her age. I'm not just saying that cos she is my daughter. I wish I could say it about my other children too, but they are not like Annalise, very different. The head of the school has said too that the staff were in the wrong and that the school will look at compensation. The students involved will be getting saturday detention and when Annalise goes back monday they have been told to not speck one single word to her or they will be suspended. She only has 2 weeks left of school but the head has said if she feels better not coming to school after Monday she doesn't have too. Its funny though, The 6 boys admitted to, what they done, the girl wouldn't. Even after I had a concern parent call me and say that this girl is bragging about what she has done, and this parent is best friends with the girls mother, even she rang the girls mother and told her what her daughter has been up too.
But THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH. YOUR SUPPORT REALLY HAS MADE MY DAY.
Kathy, Jane, Janice - I am so sorry to hear your children were victims of this type of behavior. It really is a horrible experience.

Board footer