Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Pages:
Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Hi Everyone.

I wanted to share some pictures of a litter of Cottontails I have been raising for a couple of months. Their mother abandoned them after a heavy rain storm and I have been caring for them ever since. I'm trying to not make them too hand tamed but they do let me pet their heads and they come when I call them for food.   bear_wub 

Oh the last picture is of Herbie. He insisted on making a cameo appearance.  :photo:   

Happy Easter!!
Cyndee

image01.jpg

image02.jpg

image03.jpg

image04.jpg

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

bear_original Good for you Cyndee and it's nice to see all three are doing so well. My 2 girls like to pose for the camera when they get the chance so yes a very handsome Herbie and you can see him loving himself just for the camera shoot  bear_grin

Hugs Lyn  bear_flower

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Awww, how cute. You are so kind to help out these little guys Cyndee, they look like they are doing really well.
Herbie is such a cutie, a very handsome boy.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

bear_wub  what cute little bunnies - and herbie too  bear_grin

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

Lovely little bunnys Cyndee-I love the second picture bear_wub
Your dog didn't want to miss out bear_wub
Laurie :hug:

Angela Angela's Bear Garden
St. Catharines, Ontario

bear_wub That is so sweet...thanks for sharing. We have lots of cottontails around here too, they are so cute!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Oh Cyndee,
      What beautiful bunnies!  We have lots of cottontails here, too.  What lucky little bunnies to have a mom that slices apples for them LOL!  They sure look happy - great job, mum!   Herbie is abosolutely adorable!

hugs,

Brenda

Teddy Tales My Teddy Tales
Massachusetts

Cyndee those bunny's are sooo cute! And so is Herbie, my little Sadie would love him!

Bear Hugs,    Louise

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Dear Cyndee: the bunnies are adorable. What a good soul you are to help them when they were abandoned. I say, keep them as pets and love them with all your might!!  bear_wub  :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

GREAT job with the bunnies, Cyndee . . . you're so much a friend to animals in all sorts of situations!  Herbie is quite the handsome lad, too!

Jennskains Posts: 2,203
valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

What gorgeous little bunnies, its brilliant that they come to you when called, how rewarding.  Herbie is just beautiful too  bear_wub

Pauline

Murrieta, California

Thanks Guys! :)
The reason I'm trying not to make them too too tame is 2 years ago when I raised a single little male, all 9 other litter mates fell in my pool over night and drowned. I was only able to save the one, anyway when he became a "Big Boy" he wanted to mate with me. Since I wasn't going for it, I am a married woman after all! , he became very unhappy. :(
I'm hoping with the 3 this won't be an issue but watch them all be males!!!!!!!  bear_grin

I recieved a PM about the stick the apples are on. Just in case anyone is wondering I put the apples on the stick because there are rats on the slope and they come down and steal the pieces of apples leaving the bunnies none! So the stick keeps them from taking it.
Thanks for all your nice comments on Herbie too. He's my sweetheart and helps me care for the bunnies. I think they think he is a big bunny!   :redface:

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Ohhhhhhh how sweet..........they are adorable, I feed the little rabbits around here apples also, they love them.
Cute puppy you have also  bear_wub  bear_wub

White Forest White Forest Bears
Southern California

They are so cute Cyndee!  We're only a few miles apart but all we have in our yard are lizards! lol!

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

Adorable bunnies, Cyndee!  And I love the expression on Herbie's face - he looks like he's had a great day!   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Lynn Wisconsin

They are so cute Cyndee!!  I posted a picture on my blog of a little baby bunny my husband found in a nest in the retaining wall in our back yard.  He is only a few days old and so tiny.

Lynn

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Oh so sweet Cyndee  ~ how kind you are to look after these darling little bunnies.
Herbie is adorable.

Hugs
Carolyn bear_flower

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

bear_wub  bear_wub What sweet little buns!  And bless your heart for raising them in lieu of their momma! :clap: What a handsome boy Herbie is, too.....bet he hears that a lot! bear_wub

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Hi Cyndee, that is just wonderful of you to look after these gorgeous babies and give them their best chance of survival.  I loved you story about the other boy bunny taking a fancy to you.  Wasn't he the cheeky one!  Isn't Herbie just the most cutest little fellow.  I bet he loves to help.  Glad you were able to sneak a photo in of him.   :hug:

Margaret Always Bearing In Mind
High Wycombe, Bucks.
Website

What lovely Easter bunnies - looks like they're really enjoying their treats.  And of course that lovely dog wanted to say hello to everyone too - it's great to see people's pets, though I haven't any to show.

Margaret :clap:  :clap: (quietly so as not to frighten the bunnies - or dog!)

Murrieta, California

Thanks again everyone for you kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures.  bear_original
Lynn I tried to post a comment on your blog and it wouldn't let me. :(
I loved your baby bunny pictures.  bear_wub  Do you know what kind of rabbit it is?

denisepurrington Out Of The Forest Bears
Seattle
Website

They are adorable Cyndee & are getting so big.
Herbie is such an Adorable Little Ham  bear_grin
:hug:  Denise

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

What a cute little threesome. Wonderful that they respond to you and come when called for dinner. So cute.

Lynn Wisconsin

Thanks Cyndee, I'll check the message thing out.  I'm pretty new to blogging so I'm probably doing something wrong.  Sorry, I don't know my rabbits, to me it's just a backyard rabbit  LOL.

I think I've fixed it Cyndee, thanks for letting me know.

Lynn

Pages:

Board footer